Days: August 2019 discussion topic

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've always valued Days for its entertainment value and for the fact it always felt like the most P&G soap a non-P&G soap has ever gotten. When Days' lost its entertainment factor under Langan, Higley 1.0, Reilly 2.0, Sheffer, Higley 2.0, Poulter & Thomas, and Higley 3.0 and Griffith, something is surely rotten. 

I remember your epic criticism of Thom Racina a few years back

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Days last felt entertaining to me during the Brady/DiMera Ireland storyline from '08. The story itself ended up not amounting to anything other than the unfortunate death of Shawn Brady, but the pacing and direction made it watchable. Even more watchable was Marlena's revenge on Stefano during the same story. I haven't felt anything that intense on the show in years.

• Members

i just watched the last six eps of the show this weekend and I have to say that I was mostly entertained...in a campy, fun way. I would never consider what they did as "drama" but I enjoyed it. Considering what shows throw up these days, this is probably the best we are going to get and that's sad. I'd prefer family, marriage drama over this fake faces, wigs, everyone's alive (!) storytelling.

How come Tony, Roman, or Hope didn't mention the fact that Andre once went around town killing people with Roman's "face" to set him up...killing Renee...attacking Hope...but not one person mentioned it???