RUMOR: YR Actress Back For Good

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I mean they invited her back for the tribute episode which shocked us all (in a good way). 

To be fair, Rowell did try to sue them. As much as I want her back, I'm willing to bet the corporate heads at Sony and CBS won't get over that quickly. Though she seems ready to put aside those differences for the betterment of the show. 

• Members

"she did it for Kristoff"

Please register in order to view this content

get a grip. No one said that. And you're speculating just like the rest of us so relax a bit. LOL

Edited by dio

• Members

Yes. It was also documented in her lawsuit that Brad Bell wanted to bring her to B&B as Dru or a new character and was then told they wouldn't allow it. 

I agree with some initial excitement over MM returning, but I also want Ana to have a story and VR back. These characters are some of the most interesting on the show. Just like you bring everybody back for Adam, boost these people and give them their due. 

• Members

Propping as in Elena the character is pretty much a lifeless shell.  We do not get to know her.  Elena will never do anything that is not about Devon.  This is why she is a doctor but cannot work as one.  Whatever job she gets they will not show it.  She will not have friends of her own unless it involves Devon.  Elena will never be shown as an independent character.  She will never have a storyline outside of Devon.  She will only be seen as an extension of Devon.  That is called propping.  Compare that to the other female characters.  Who else is a shell with no purpose but to be a prop?  No one.  Even Ana has a life outside of Devon.

• Members

I am not sure why you feel the need to actress bash.  The fact is that the writers are pretty crappy to all of the black characters right now.  It is not fair to blame the actors for flat out racism.  Elena was cast to prop and prop only.  

• Members

I'm not actress bashing. Just explaining what I think is the difference between propping versus a lack of interest by TPTB. It's not a knock to Brytni Sarpy. It's a knock to the writers whose lack of interest and inspiration stems from exactly where you suspect. Racism. Yet, somehow, you think that she's being written this way because she's paired with Devon.  As if Devon is bringing her down and the problem. That is also not the case. 

Edited by ajsp35801