RUMOR: YR Actress Back For Good

• Members

Well, for Hillary fans I hope that it is true.  Maybe they can get Elena away from propping Devon and give her a character a real chance.  Hillary and Devon can live happily ever after.  I would love if VR came back.  That is probably the only thing that would get me watching again.

Doing a quad with all of the black characters is so stupid and ridiculous.  It screams segregation.  Of course the writing for the black characters already does scream segregation.  Why would this show be anything but segregated.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

These shows have black characters because they feel they have to, in a dismissive, “throw ‘em a bone” way. Plus, these black people are sooo flat. It’s almost as if these writers can’t find any sense of identification with black characters to imbue them with drive, energy, or idiosyncrasies. Hilary would at least provide a shot of dynamism.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Right!  Black characters are not supposed to do well.  They just give the illusion of diversity.  Dru was not supposed to have the energy that came with VR and Hillary's popularity left them stumped.  Elena is more the Klan network's speed.  She is mixed, light skinned and has the personality of a leaf!  

Time to get to the table with VR and strike a deal, damn it!  I gave them a story now they need to bring it to life!!!!!

• Members

LOL you do not have to watch the show to see that she gets no character development at all.  I read recaps just to prove my point.  If a character is introduced and gets absolutely no development, why are they there?  To prop another character of course.

• Members

called it. KSJ's death made the showrunners and actors rethink a lot, imo. I don't think MS would be back if KSJ hadn't died. His death at such a young age made everyone that knew him take stock. 

• Members

nah, Ana's gonna be a foil for Mariah and Tessa. I've suspected for a while she's either gay or curious and they're gonna have her be interested in Tessa as more than an artist she's producing...

i think his death made peeps get over whatever hang ups or bitterness they had. I think MS is far too proud and likely would not have returned to the show if KSJ's death hadn't shaken her up some. 

• Members

y'all can think whatever you want, but these are living breathing people with feelings, they are not the "characters" they portray on TV. You may not have cared much when KSJ died and it may not have made you rethink whatever petty reasons you have for disliking some other soap actor/actress, but it more than likely made MS get over all her pettiness in staying away from Y&R

• Members

lol, Stafford came back because FV at GH did his usual re-up game and gave her a take it or leave it offer she didn't like. No other reason. Give me a break with this "she did it for Kristoff" shít. There is no basis for that. She was always gonna come back someday when GH dried up.

I'll believe Y&R is seriously reevaluating their black canvas when a) MM returns as Hillary, not some dumb doppelganger, 2) Ana has a storyline, and 3) Victoria Rowell gets an offer.

Edited by Vee