GH: RUMOR HW to Retire???

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It just seems unbelievable that there are no struggling young writers out there who would be interested in writing for a soap. Pretty much every one of the great soap writers all came in young and hungry and were mentored by someone else, and the result of that was, if you ask me, some of the best writing ever seen on television. 

Thank God that we're able to see all of that at least on Youtube and other video sharing sites.

• Members

Which is why one would think that the soaps and even networks would be reaching out or trying to bring in young, struggling writers! Especially since we are in the low budget soap era. My problem also stems from the fact the networks continuously are making money from multiple avenues and could give their soaps more money towards their budget. Everyone has a responsibility!

• Members

I remember reading somewhere here that O'Connor was the unofficial GH historian not long after Ron Carlivati and his writing team took over GH's writing, and that the SON community was not impressed at the time.  I wish I could remember the thread where the subject was discussed.

• Members

Nothing will fix GH.  It's a shadow of it's former self.  Unless ABC gets serious about an overhaul (i.e., firing Frank, etc), this show will continue it's dismal placeholder as ABC's only soap - new headwriter or not.

• Members

The 'historian' who thought Luke and Anna were longtime friends despite the fact they had never interacted before then? 

It's truly saddening that ABC would rather see GH go out as cheap Frank Valentini vanity production than try to at least salvage it somehow.

Can't they try to steal Ed Scott and Michele Val Jean from B&B, or Lorraine Broderick from DAYS, or something?  

Edited by BetterForgotten