GH: RUMOR HW to Retire???

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Dan O'Connor and Chris Van Etten as Co-HW's? They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for talent at ABC these days...

Must be Valentini's doing as these are his and Ron's cronies from OLTL.

This would have been the perfect time for ABC to get rid of BOTH Valentini and the writers driving this show further and further into cancellation. 

• Members

If nothing else, I'd love for Frank Valentini to be fired so I wouldn't have to put up with his abhorrent production values and lame casting choices. He is a terrible EP with no sense of style or vision - you can say what you want about people like JFP and Paul Rauch, but they were stronger producers in their heyday and generally brought out the best in their casting directors. Frank thinks he's in that super producer league, but he's not and never will be. 

I've noticed that Valentini seems to bring out the worst in Mark Teschner's casting as well (generally the EP makes the final decision on contract roles after the casting director assembles the talent). 

• Members

Shelly will have served as GH’s HW for 4 years, which is longer than Claire Labine and tied with other greats such as Pat Falkin Smith and Norma Monty. Such an amazing accomplishment and staying power.

I personally most enjoyed the Alzheimer’s story, the Ryan saga, everything Ava Jerome, Nina’s redemption, and the real Jason. 

• Members

I wasn't aware Norma Monty was considered a "great."

Anyway, when you're a network puppet and write only what your network executive and EP are dictating you to write, you tend to have lasting power in this current daytime climate. 

Edited by BetterForgotten