Uncasting news for Passions!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think over time he just got bored with his role. He hasn't worked with Lindsay, although they both have been outspoken of the fact that they wanted to work together, and look at the drivel he's been given. Kox is a major snoozefest, this battle of the Cranes is just an utter bomb since Divins is playing his rival, the end of Foxney was practically insignificant when I know that if it had been written correctly, Justin would've nailed it. Justin and Lindsay do compliment each other well in the scenes that they were in together. It was a shame that JER didn't do more with it.

• Members

I disagree. I happen to enjoy Fox and Kay together, and still hold a soft spot for Foxney. Justin shines with some of the cast, but he didn't really shine with scenes with his wife Lindsay. Plus, why would JER change the story just to accomodate their real life relationship? JER has said numerous times that real life relationships do not dictate what's going to happen on screen. Plus Ethan and Theresa are the story, always have been, and always will be.

• Members

This isn't really so much about JER accomodating their real life relationship, but rather about an unexpected pairing having as big of a fanbase as it was. Lindsay's been outspoken in the fact that she feels that Theresa shouldn't waste her time on a man who really isn't worth it, and that for once the Theresa/Fox pairing was normal.

• Members

If you're implying that Justin left because he wasn't able to work with his wife, that does not relect well on Justin as a professional.

I never saw this amazing chemistry that people profess was there for these two on screen :blink: Oh well.

• Members

Really? That's not how I saw it. The fanbase of Theresa/Fox was based upon the fanbase of real life coupling of Lindsay and Justin who wanted their characters to be together. Lindsay can't control what happens to her character, and Justin can't control what happens to his. Sure, JER bent the rules ONCE, but in the long run, Theresa will be with her true love Ethan. And Fox will return to his - Whitney.

Plus, their relationship was based upon false pretenses. Fox was still madly in love with Whitney, and thought about her all the time. And Theresa, still was in love with Ethan. Is that what you define a 'normal' relationship?

I find it pretty sad that Lindsay and Justin would go out of their way (even though I'm a fan of their characters, not just with each other) to 'pimp' their relationship both real life, and encourage fans to convince the writers that their characters belong together. I've read them all, and it's stuff like "Yeah, we understand that our characters belong with other people, but I think our characters should get together anyways."

Would the same thing have happened if Justin got the role of John Hastings instead? I doubt it. I know how some Lindsay and Theresa fans are and I'm not saying you are one of them, they think every new man which is casting on this show is meant for Theresa. From John to Nick to Chad, and personally I'm sick of it.

• Members

Hey guys! *waves* I'm new to this board!

BUT I totally agree with Ally. I like the character of Fox. I like the character of Theresa. And yay for Lindsay and Justin falling in love and all that jazz. But when they were together as Fox and Theresa... I didn't SEE the chemistry and I didn't FEEL it like I do with Lindsay/Eric and Justin/Heidi. A lot of real life couples don't work well together on screen, which totally doesn't mean that there is no chemistry between the couple... not saying that. And I get why they would want to work together as a couple: same time schedule, same hours, and it would just be easier... especially with a child.

And while there is a decent size Theresa/Fox fanbase, it doesn't compare to the Theresa/Ethan fanbase. Theresa and Ethan's romance is a very huge part of the show. When they did pair up Theresa and Fox, they were together essentially to make their resepective loves jealous. And while they do care about each other, I loved watching them together as friends. Having a completly platonic relationship. I'm really happy that they are exploring a Fox/Kay pairing because their scenes are light and fresh to watch. We don't have that same old Luis/Sheridan storyline. There's no third party involved in that triangle (unless you count Ivy). No rich girl/poor boy storyline. While I like Noah and Fancy together, I love this pairing more!

I'm sure that they'll continue to explore the friendship between Fox and Theresa with a recast. And I'm sure they'll make sure that the actor who gets the part, has chemistry with Lindsay, Heidi, and Brook.

I'm excited that Justin is getting all these offers... he's definitly got the looks and the talent to be really successful.

• Members

I'm not implying that Justin left because he wasn't able to work with his wife. I think it's a combination of him starting to get movie roles, and JER's inability to sustain Fox's persona. The way I see it, this is Jesse Metcalfe situation. The opportunity arose to bail, and he flew out of there like a bat outta hell.

• Members

I don't agree with the idea that Therox was solely based on Lustin. I cannot speak for other Therox fans, but I know that the reason why I liked them so much wasn't because of Lindsay and Justin as a couple. I loved their friendship. I loved how Fox never judged Theresa or said that she was a bad person like some of her other "friends". I loved how Fox was the one person in the world who could understand Theresa's head, and would actually come to her defense, and vice versa.

Keep in mind when the relationship happened, Fox felt like he wasn't going to get Whitney, and Theresa was furious with Ethan for his part in taking her son. They both, at that point, felt that it would be better for them to forget about them, and they turned to each other. While there wasn't that intense love that they felt for Whitney and Ethan, they truly did care about each other, and that was absolutely fine by me. When Theresa had sex with Ethan that night, I remember actually being with Ethan wasn't on her mind. She was more concerned with how Fox would react to what she did, and she was worried that Fox would hate her.

What I, personally, don't like is the fact that even after they broke up, the scenes they had together as friends just took a sharp decline until there were practically no scenes whatsoever. Suddenly, it's like the friendship just never happened. The last time Fox and Theresa had a scene where they actually spoke to each other was when Fox asked Theresa why Whitney gave Miles up for adoption. Even during the wedding, I wanted to smack Fox. The Fox that I enjoyed immensely would've never called Little Ethan a bastard in front of Theresa, nor would he have become like the other people and talk about her the way he did.

All the actors go out of their way to pimp on screen pairings. That's just the nature of soaps. I also don't feel that they've been pimping their relationship. The photo set was something that fans asked about for years, but that's besides the point. Even if Fox and Theresa never ended up in a relationship together, it would've been great to see the friendship that they've had together. I think that was the biggest disservice to Therox fans. In regards to the pimping on screen pairings, there are certain actors who are much worse about it. Tracey is very rah rah Evian. Eric...I'm sure you know all about his double talk.

Archived