Y&R Summer Previews

• Members

There was supposed to be some news coming out about casting. I know that Nelson Branco was teasing news and said it would be some interesting stuff. But it's been quiet lately.

Also, it looks like we might be getting another new character on the show (though they may just be short term). There is a script out there with Theo and a character named "Zoe" who will attending some type of event together. Theo will face off with Kyle at the event and Phyllis will try and introduce herself to "Zoe".

It seems like it may be someone from Kyle's past (like maybe an ex girlfriend) that Theo has brought to town to stir up trouble.

Also, I'm not sure how true this is, but someone said that Kyle/Lola's wedding would be a week long. I hope not. 

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Here are some more spoilers from next week from the Zap2it website for next week:

Lauren will give Kevin the third degree, Adam and Nick face off in court, Summer will see a new side to Theo, and Jack will return home with surprising news. Lola will lose patience with Celeste, Victoria steps up for her family, Michael makes good on a threat,  and Phyllis receives an intriguing proposition. 

I wonder what type of side Summer will see to Theo. I think it will either be a darker side (because it looks like the show may be painting him as some sort of bad boy) or a more professional side. Like if she witnesses him working with Ana. I also wonder what type of proposition Phyllis receives and what type of threat that Michael makes good on. ( I do think his threat will be aimed at Adam).

• Members

peeps can hate on MS all they want, but she's a really good actress that gives her characters nuance. The scene in Society when Adam and her crash the Newman fam dinner, the way she was standing in the bg and her expressions and when she's hiding her face at the bar. Just really good stuff, imo. Peeps don't give her enough credit. She really makes Phyllis and her scenes pop in a way GT couldn't muster.

• Members

That's not nuance.  That's mugging.

MS is like the drunk girl who flashes her breasts on-camera while the otherwise oblivious TV news reporter is in front of her, reporting on local reaction at a sports bar to that night's Super Bowl.

• Members

like I said, hate and call it what you want but she makes Phyllis into a living, breathing person, not just soap character 10989, etc. Like, you could tell how uncomfortable she was w/o the character announcing that they're uncomfortable. That's REAL skill, and peeps can try to clock or drag her for it but it facts are facts. 

• Members

it's a FACT that's she's been nominated for multiple Emmys and won multiple Emmys, and this is back in the hay day when Emmy awards *actually* mattered. You tried, tho. Bloop! 

Please register in order to view this content

if you are actually putting Y&R's ratings on MS' shoulders then that pretty much shows how big of an influence she is - at least as far as you are concerned, it seems. 

she has truly got you all's minds. 

so, Y&R's rating were super amazing before MS returned, and that's why they had a regime change and traded out GT? 

really, gurl? We gonna go THERE? 

• Members

dio, please learn basic English before trying to debate and throwing around words like “fact.” A bunch of people have won awards and many of them are currently not employed. That’s totally irrelevant to the “facts” point you were trying to make.

You tried though.

They weren’t hitting all-time lows in consecutive weeks when GT was last there and they basically have since MS rejoined but that’s not down to her alone. The ratings are “facts” and we have actual data to back that up. See how that works?

But dio, the dictionary is your friend...

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

First of all, I'm not a "gurl," or even a girl.

Second, it isn't "as far as I am concerned."  As far as *I'm* concerned, Y&R would have been better off without MS or Phyllis in the long run.  However, Josh Griffith and Tony Morina made it clear that part of their agenda in regaining lost ground in the Nielsens and reclaiming Y&R's "iconic sensibility" was to bring back former actors and/or characters such as MS as Phyllis.  That was their overt, explicit agenda, not mine -- and so far, at least, that agenda has been a failure.

Perhaps, GT didn't bring the viewers either, but I tend to blame that more on the abysmal writing than I do on her performance.  Gina ain't my cup of ramen anymore than MS isn't, but even I know she knows how to inhabit a character without resorting to behaving like a featured player on SNL.

Edited by Khan

• Members

like I said: MS is a great actor. That's a fact. Sorry about it. She will go down in Y&R history as one of their great actresses, and soap in general. And y'all will stay mad as hell, watching every episode/talking about spoilers on the internet as ur blood pressure skyrockets higher and higher, wishing/hoping/praying for cancellation. 

• Members

Definition of opinion

1a: a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter We asked them for their opinions about the new stadium.
b: APPROVAL, ESTEEM I have no great opinion of his work.
2a: belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge a person of rigid opinions
b: a generally held view news programs that shape public opinion
3a: a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert My doctor says that I need an operation, but I'm going to get a second opinion.
b: the formal expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and principles upon which a legal decision is based The article discusses the recent Supreme Court opinion.

Definition of fact

1a: something that has actual existence space exploration is now a fact
b: an actual occurrence prove the fact of damage
2: a piece of information presented as having objective reality These are the hard facts of the case.
3: the quality of being actual : ACTUALITY a question of fact hinges on evidence
4: a thing done: such as
a: CRIME accessory after the fact
barchaic : ACTION
cobsolete : FEAT
5archaic : PERFORMANCE, DOING

BUY IT. LEARN IT. USE IT.

Edited by BetterForgotten