Y&R Summer Previews

• Members

Here are some upcoming spoilers from SOD:

Michael will stand his ground, Victor will deal with a tough decision, Chelsea will receive a special delivery, and Jack will dish out tough love. Mariah and Tessa will celebrate a new Chapter, Abby will keep Nate on his toes, and Jack will receive a call for help. Rey will challenge Adam, Adam will threaten Nick, Phyllis will interrogate Theo, Tempers will flare between Abby and Summer, and Sharon fights temptation. Nick will spend some time with Christian and Gordon Thompson's character Daryl will appear and interact with Chelsea.

Edited by xtr

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Here are some more spoilers from soaps.com day ahead recap for tomorrow's show (or if it doesn't air the show on Friday). Devon/Elena, Nate and Abby will all be at the penthouse celebrating that Devon/Elena are officially living together as a couple. They will also celebrate that Nate/Abby are together and Abby's new business venture with Phyllis new hotel. Ana will end up arriving and telling Devon/Elena that Jett is sick and in the hospital. They will want to see him right away and Devon will insist they take the Jet. Also, Nate and Abby will have dinner together and will end up sleeping together at Nate's home.

The judge will award temporary custody of Christian to Victoria and Nick/Adam will get supervised visitation. And Billy will tell Sharon that he fantasized about killing Adam. He will visit Delia's grave again. He will vow to get help before he loses control again and he will hear her voice say "Poor Daddy." 

Ana hasn't been shown in almost three weeks and now she is showing up saying that Jett is in the hospital. I think that Josh may be writing this to usher Ana off the canvas for a least a little while (maybe longer) to watch over Jett. It looks like they may be turning Theo into a bad guy and that they may drop the storyline where he was supposed to mentor Ana. Especially since they are using him as angst for Kyle/Lola and now have him working for Phyllis. I could see Josh pushing Ana aside and sending her off canvas for a bit. 

• Members

I'm very annoyed that they may reduce Ana's airtime even more and possibly send her off the canvas. I haven't checked her Instagram in a while, but someone said they haven't seen her taping in a while. Meanwhile Kyle and Lola and their stupid manufactured/boring/unsoapy drama is continued to be shoved down viewers throat.

Ana should have been had a love interest. She should have been paired with Fen, or tested with Kyle. Or Noah or Theo. There were romantic options and none of them were used by this writing team. A lot of people wanted to see her get a love interest. Granted, I do remember a few people who didn't like the thought of her having a love interest, or her options. And gave the reason she needs to be developed first. I believe she could have gotten a love interest early on (like Fen) and would have been fine/still developed fine.

Lola got a love interest within a few days of showing up and has never hurt for air time or a storyline. And she has interacted/been propped by a bunch of character. Which is one reason why I thought it was odd that a ***few*** people were opposed to Ana having a love interest. That was a way for her character to get storyline and possibly survive longer on this show. And she's been on the show long enough now to where she definitely should have one. 

Unfortunately, though Josh has never been interested in writing for Ana, giving her a love interest or any type of storyline that's worth anything. He's always saddled her with crappy storylines and very minimal airtime.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I haven't been watching it plugged into the show in weeks. I see I haven't kissed much. 

But @xtr , it's clear to me that the Devon, Elena, Nate, Ana orbit will remain uninteresting to the writers until Mishael comes back. They have no idea what to do with them. And even when they come up with something decent, they drop it cause their white counterparts will always take priority. Kyle having a rival is more important than Ana having a romance. And in the writers world, Kyle and Ana couldn't possibly move in the same circle that'd allow for a character to be both. 

• Members

I think they may turn Theo into a bad guy and that they have dropped the storyline with him mentoring Ana. They are using him as angst for Kyle/Lola and had Kyle tell him that he's dead to him and not to hurt Summer. Plus they are having him work with Phyllis and Summer is uncomfortable with that. Which leads me to wonder if something will happen between him and Phyllis. If they really wanted to they could have still had him mentor Ana instead of having him work for Phyllis. In addition to using him as "angst" for Kyle/Lola. But Josh has no interest in writing for Ana or giving her any type of love interest. He never has. Ana should have been interacting more with the twenty something set.

I wonder if they will make Theo bad and write him off. Especially since it looks like Chance is returning. Josh doesn't seem to care a lot for Theo, though he's getting some airtime. Josh doesn't care a whole lot for Tessa/Mariah either. He gave Mariah a good job, and her and Tessa are happy together. But they are rarely shown. And when they are they are largely propping Lola. They have been shown like maybe 3 times in three weeks. Josh only really seems to care about Kyle/Lola and somewhat Summer. He really doesn't care much about the other young people and doesn't care about Ana at all.

As far as Devon/Nate/Elena/goes, I don't think he cares a ton about them either. There is finally some movement with Nate/Abby. But they just started to spend more time together. And Devon and Elena get a little bit of story here and there, but Elena is still underdeveloped.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Josh has never written much for black characters so I'm not surprised Mattie & Charlie were done away with and Devon & Co pop up every two weeks to burn through most of their stories offscreen. I hope if/when Mishael gets back they get more material but if she's playing a doppleganger expect the same ole same ole. Mal's reign was the only time she was ever given the highlighting as a leading lady that she deserved, I doubt the good ole boy regime is going to want to showcase a black actress like that again regardless of popularity, probably the main reason she wouldn't be back as Hilary.

• Members

IMO, that's all she care about. She doesn't care about anybody but them when it comes to the younger set. I think that's why it looks like they may even be throwing Theo underneath the bus for them. I think that Josh may like Summer. And maybe if they make Theo a bad guy, he'll give her a romance with Chance. Other than that, they don't care about any of the other young people. Certainly not Ana.

They could have done a triangle, with Ana/Theo/Summer where Theo grew closer to Ana while he was mentoring her. And maybe he starts to fall for her causing angst for him and Summer. It could have happened right as Summer decided she wanted to have a more serious relationship with Theo. 

Heck, (while it would have been a lot on his plate) you could have even had him mentor Ana and work with Phyllis as well. This is a messier storyline, but you could have had him end up sleeping with Phyllis for some reason which caused Summer to break things off with him. Summer could have turned her back on him, along with Kyle and Lola.

When news of him messing around with Phyllis got out, Ana could have tried to get out of working with him again. But Devon could have told her not to let her personal feelings get in the way and that she would still have had to work with Theo. A remorseful Theo could have thrown himself into his work with Ana and been shown to actually be quite good at what he does as a professional and a mentor. Ana could have ended up being impressed by his work ethic and his ability to mentor her. But still been hesitant to fully trust him/like him because of his behavior in the past. They could have ended up having some deep conversations about why Theo has acted the way he has and could have gotten closer. Theo could have ended up falling for Ana. And she could have been hesitant to start something romantically with him, because of his party boy/bad boy past. She could have had feelings for him and could have been conflicted on what to do about that.

IMO, either one of those scenarios could have worked. But they would rather not use Ana and possibly write her off. I have seen some people on Twitter wonder if she may have filmed her last scenes and say she hasn't filmed in a while. She may be on her way out, which would be a shame if that were the case.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Josh is only invested in Adam and Kyle/Lola and anyone connected to them.

Everything else is filler.

eg Nate and Abby are pretty but what is the long term plan? Josh will manafacture some minor conflicts eg Nate has to work and Abby feels ignored etc to fill up their airtime.

• Members

Wasn't it Pratt that basically wrote Tyler out and diminished Leslie by marrying her off to a dayplayer character?  I think Pratt prattled on about certain AA characters eating into the budget--I think that was him.

Not all writing is good writing.  Just because a character is being written for, doesn't mean it's worth watching.  From what I've read, Ana never had a love interest under Mal's pen either.  Throwing her a few scenes with Fen (who the show wasn't invested in either, once they realized they couldn't get Max Ehrich) does not a romance make.  IMO Mal started to diminish the AA characters under his regime and Josh has just continued that.

Both are mediocre HW, imo.

• Members

it really makes Lola look like a trash person how she's bothered Kyle used to party + sleep w/ lots of girls back in his NYC days, when she didn't even know him. But she's like "ehhhh." that he married Summer, got her to donate her kidney, and then dumped her only a few months ago. This is the man she "loves" today. Yikes. And it's not even like Summer's done anything to her that bad that she could get over it under that sort of guise. MESS. LOL