Days: May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The mayoral debates are awful beyond words, though I did enjoy Valerie's "WTF" reactions every time Jack spoke. It's good to see her again. It's a shame she's no doubt going to be wasted and tossed aside.

Lani is actually not totally boring to me right now. I'm actually kind of interested in her over attachment to baby David.

• Members

Jordan's son. Rafe is watching the baby while Jordan is locked up.

I, too, would like to see Bonnie on screen to liven things up. It's odd, I think a lot of current stuff is intriguing on paper -- Hope attracted to another man, Lani growing attached to a child not her own, Will's brain tumor, Gabi & Stefan's hate-fueled relationship, even the Haley-Tripp-Claire triangle. But it all just falls flat on screen, hampered by first-take performances and momentum-impeding actor guarantees. 

And where the heck are John & Marlena ( 1 and 4 appearances, respectively, in April) and Susan Seaforth Hayes?

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I can't stand these two smug bitches. I'm to the point where Jack either needs to get his memory back NOW or it's time for him to die again. This mayor story is awful, awful, awful and I completely hate Eve now. I enjoyed her before this return. I cheered when JJ brought up Jack raping Kayla.

The show definitely needs something to spice it up because I'm bored with almost every story. Even Nicole's return (I love her) is eye roll worthy with Holly getting kidnapped the second she comes back.

• Members

No s-h-i-t about Jack and Eve. I mean, I'm glad Jack isn't comic relief as other writers have used him, but this is waaaaaay too far in the other direction. Look, I get Ron probably wants to prolong this hell because Kassie DePaiva was on his precious OLTL, but this is ruining the character I give a s-h-i-t about, and it sure as hell isn't this version of Eve.

Give Jack his damned memory back and have him deal with the fallout. If he tries to kill Eve, I'd be all for it.

I'm going to miss T-Boz. She  brought a lot of energy. I'm glad Sheila & Abe didn't embark on an affair. They had no chemistry at all. Plus they were barely on. Days squandered both T-Boz and Vanessa A Williams. I wonder how much longer are we going to endure MAGAJack? I'm sick of the rallies and debates with 5 extras. 

• Members

As I said in another thread, I don't think the Jack thing is that serious or ruinous. It's typical OTT Ron, and as he always does he went too far, but I can't fault them for wanting to dive into a story where Jack is instantly a mischievous schemer and back into political gamesmanship before returning to the usual pattern of whiny/dying sadsack Jack, which is what MA too often has been forced to play in the last 20+ years. It's the execution that is ludicrous - amnesiac Jack instantly runs for mayor and turns into Trump Lite? That didn't need to happen to explore this same kind of material, that's all Ron making the same old mistakes. Jack is not in his right mind, so I think he can bounce back. Unless Ken kills him again.

Edited by Vee

• Members

He never had much good for Blair when he wrote for OLTL. Many times I found his writing for her extremely offputting and mean. 

I think this is just a hack writer who got way too much praise for how brave and daring he was thinking he's making some bad-ass statement on Trump. 

The problem is that his storytelling and handling of subjects like race and sexual assault is not far off a Trump view, so it's difficult to tell if this is even meant to be critical.

• Members

How about this....

If the these idiots in charge want the show to be watchable, and not an experience equal to Chinese water torture, they need to do the following. 

Trap Eve, Tripp (I have liked him, till this Haley debacle), Haley, Rafe, Hope, Rex and Sarah (I am sure there are others, but I digress) in the loft, and let crazy eyes Claire roast them like a Kenny Rogers Chicken.  That is a start, but just a start.  Per usual, to make a square peg fit into a round hole, Ron has resorted to character destruction to tell his all important stories.  Well, with the exception of newcomer Haley.  Ron had lost his mojo by the time she was introduced,  so I simply find her annoying and poorly developed in every single way.  

Listen, I know enough to know this show will be entertaining in a very cartoonish way for the next 3 to 4 months.  I don't want to complain too much and conjure Dena Higley...SHUTTER

However, you can look back and tell when Sheri Anderson's influence was negated, and it was a while back.  Days is supposed to be campy and fun.  This show stopped being serious and artistic when they inserted the Dimera's into the mix circa 1982. The thing is, when I want to see Hope burn like a gasoline soaked rag, there is a problem.  No, it didn't start with Ron, but Ron has made it exponentially worse.  

I need to stop.  It's 2019, and every single soap is a shitshow.  However, IMO this show is a dumpster fire of epic proportions.  

Vee, I am with you.  Jack is an A-Hole but it's not THAT damaging.  You know when he remembers, he will freak out and be OTT remorseful, and everyone will blame Eve.  He'll be fine.