Days May Sweeps

• Members

First I LOVE Deidre, but she's no Susan Hayes. 

I have known plenty of actors through the years.  Whether they do it full or part time, they have two things in common..

1)  They love to stretch boundaries and take on a challenge.  It's in their nature.  If they get a chance to deliver some high drama that tests their limits, they will jump on it like a tom cat in heat. 

2)  The love attention and adoration.  They will do whatever it takes to steal the spotlight. 

Nichols isn't doing a drive by, but it's not super long term either.  They are going to be telling a story and he is the central part of the plot.  He doesn't have many options.  He's an aging soap actor in a genre that is hell bent on courting a younger demographic.  GH and Y&R didn't come beating down his door this time.  He isn't ready to be irrelevant, so I'm sure he will take whatever story Days will throw his way.  

Also, is any actor REALLY a stan of any pairing?  I know for a fact that he and MBE are a rarity; they are an onscreen 80's super-couple with an off screen bond/friendship in real life.  They are very close.  That said, do I think he likes being boxed in artistically by a 33 year old pairing?  No. I don't know any performer that would enjoy that [!@#$%^&*]. 

Do I think he acts like the worlds biggest Stayla stan to manipulate said fan base?  Yes.  Yes.  Yes.....And it worked. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You ain't wrong on all of the above! lol I do like MBE and SN's clear adoration for each other. It's never felt fake to me. Most actors pander to their stanbases.

I agree most actors just like a challenge and to be written for, they don't really seem to care if it's damaging or trash. Like someone pointed out, Colleen Zenk, Kim Zimmer, Marj Dusay, they all praised a lot of trash that was thrown their way simply because they were being used. Actors just don't see the stories like we do :/

And I have no doubt a lot of actors feel boxed in by their pairings. Writers probably do too because heaven forbid they aren't kept together and patting each other's hand, sitting on the couch and talking about how much they love each other (which is what the stans all want; they hate drama or angst; look at the Cin stans who angsted ad nauseum over the breakup and it was like five minutes and now they've made love and are happy for a bit ... Cin stans have no idea what other couples fans have gone through ... YEARS of separation and angst and crap ... and when I call them on not wanting angst and not being patient they insist that's not it, but don't really offer up anything else so I know that's what it is ... I could never watch a soap for just one character or just one couple, I enjoy the *whole show* and the *whole cast*)

EDIT:

I do think Nichols was humbled a bit because as you said, no one was banging down his door to hire him this time ... and I don't think he expected that. I want to feel bad for him but he and his stans made it impossible to take his side in all of this.

Man, the Stayla stans have no idea what's coming. They're all just so thrilled Nichols is back. Not even realizing it's not long term.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

When Ron came to Days, I bet Nichols thought he'd be a priority.  After all, Ron is a massive GH fan, and it would actually make sense for Ron to cater to him and MBE.  The thing is, Ron decided to cater to Jarlena.  That is fine by me, but even I am a little shocked by that.  

Don't get me started on Cin.  I liked them at the very beginning, but Ciara needing to be saved every three seconds has me burned out.  They want to make Ben a hero so badly that they will water down Ciara and make her a constant damsel in distress.  I'll take a hard pass on that!

Another actress that will praise absolute garbage is Kristian Alfonso.  She has endorsed more [!@#$%^&*] stories than i can count, and she is still doing it.  There was a time that I adored Hope, but that is a distant fuckin' memory now.  I'd be thrilled as a blind dog in a meat house if they'd just put her in that plot next to Bo, and filled it with dirt.