GENERAL HOSPITAL April 2019 Discussion

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This.

He's got some cute charm. That's about it. He's not a very good actor but he's not the atrocity anymore some make him out to be. JMO.

They've given Cam some things, but he often feels like an extra in the Josslyn and Oscar story. I like them as friends in Jason/Liz, Jason/Carly sort of way. I don't really see the need or care to see them paired with each other. He's definitely a prop for Franco. We're supposed to side with Franco and be mad at Cameron for not accepting him. Nope. I LOVE Cameron still hating on Franco. He should. Not everyone needs to be singing that psycho's praises. It's bad enough they've ruined Liz over it. And I cringed seeing Altman talk about "rebuilding Franco and Drew's friendship". Um, what? Lawd. Kill me now. It'd be so much better if Drew and AJ were bonding and becoming friends. Not killer psycho rapist Franco. (It's SO damaging to me that Liz is paired with him, but of course "he's changed". It just irks me to no end)

I never found Felicia heavily involved in the beginning but I guess I could be wrong. She's been notably absent and people were speaking out for a reason.

I'm fine with Valerie being a little older and more experienced. Kristina needs that ... I guess I'm happy. Brytni has a good role on Y&R that better suits her and I think Valerie better suits the new actress. But I do miss Brytni, but GH was never using her.

I'm not feeling nuJordan (would have been a good Keesha, looks wise, but the actress shouldn't be playing a cop) or nuTJ. Neither is godawful bad, but they're just meh. I'll give nuTJ some time but I loved Tequan in the role. I think Molly and Tequan's TJ were a bit more compatible. I guess there's just a little bit of a height difference. Not a big deal, but I just liked the chemistry between Tequan and Haley.

It has been nice to see more of Molly. When DOD was in the middle of things I noticed Molly's absence. I said to myself "where the F is Molly to slap some sense into Kristina and call it out as the cult it is while everyone dances around it?" And literally like two days later she was back on-screen and doing just that. I loved it. I know some give Haley and Molly a hard time but I really like her. I guess because often Molly sort of speaks for the audience in a way and Haley is very likeable. No, not a deep actress (I agree), but I like her.

Anyone else notice it feels like we see nuTJ and nuJordan already way more than the better actors in the roles? (I know Tequan was busy doing lots of other things though). Hell, nuValerie is almost already passing Brytni (not that it was hard). I just find it ... interesting.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I really don't think the kid that plays Oscar is that bad either.  The problem is I don't really care about him at all.  I am only sad because it's sad that a young teenager is dying.  I am not invested in him, his pairing with Joss, his mother or father.  Like someone said a few pages back if it was Brenda's kid, or non dead Karen's, or Jagger's son, or Keesha's before unheard of son with AJ, anyone from the past basically, I would be more invested and the parents could have played their own beats against their histories, but I don't care at all about Kim (and I like TB) or Drew's son we just met a couple of years ago.  He's no Stone Cates, that's for sure. 

• Members

I like TB too, but I really see no use or purpose for Kim (same for Drew, really). I could care less. Same for Oscar, I'm not invested at all in him. He's definitely no Stone Cates LOL! The actor isn't that dreadful but like you said, I have no investment in Oscar. It's helped a bit to have him sharing scenes with Ned, Olivia, Monica, etc. but it's too little too late. 

• Members

I honestly don't think Michael Sutton is an amazing actor either, but he did great with Stone's dying.  The show made Stone's passing about multiple characters that we cared about and he really had no family outside Jagger, who wasn't even on the show at the time.  Robin, Mac, Felicia, Sonny, Brenda, Ned, Lois, Kevin, Lucy, Luke, Laura, Lucky, Alan, Mike, etc all were effected by his death.  Does anyone really care about Oscar besides his parents and Joss and Sonny and Carly?  Integrating Ned and Monica is great, but way too late in the game.  75% of the cast has never met Oscar.  Maybe if we had seen Joss grow up or were more invested in her- like we were Robin- it would have helped.  I never found Joss particularly likeable even though I really want to like Jax's only kid.

• Members

I don't hate Joss but I'm meh. Eden seems to be such a GH cheerleader though ... I like her but I'm meh. lol. I'm hoping we see a lot more Joss/Jax in scenes going forward.

I agree there's a lack of connection. Stone's death was far better. I see why some compare them, on paper, so to speak. Michael Sutton wasn't the most amazing actor but Stone's death really mattered and it affected the canvas. Not just a small section of it. Unlike Oscar's where the actor is meh, he was tied to two new characters (but fans often give that a pass because it's played by actors they like), etc. and was often isolated. They missed the boat by not having interact more with Monica, Jason and Ned. Like we both said, a little too little too late, but it definitely has helped ...

• Members

There is a lack of connection, but I also think it's poor casting.  Garren Stitt and Eden McCoy are probably about as talented as most teen soap actors but they lack charisma and an it factor that even Antonio Sabato Jr. had.   They are both just sorta blah and there while the teens in the 90's all had something special and if they didn't (Sarah Webber #1) they were written out.  They weren't given major storylines.   Even the early 2000's teens were better (Lulu, Maxie, Sage, Dillon).  I think it got bad when they aged Kristina and Michael and literally nobody else.

• Members

i hate to be mean, but the kid playing Oscar is just awful. I’m not sad because a teenager is dying — I can’t WAIT for him to die. He has no charisma, no presence. He cannot emote. 

To me, the actress playing Joss is meh. She’s ok, but I find her lacking in scenes where she’s supposed to play softer and quieter. The Cameron actor is decent, but the writing for him is meh. He’s really being wasted.

The old TJ and Molly were really good together, but I’m not seeing the same from this new TJ. NuValerie is just a completely different character and she doesn’t fit with Kristina at all. I’ve said many times that NuJordan doesn’t work for me. The whole persona spells model more than PC.

Sam’s scenes at DoD were hilarious on Monday’s show. In this digital age, they keep all their records in old file cabinets? With written notations on the backs of photos that NO ONE would ever have a reason to take? Just ridiculous.

• Members

For some reason, I like NuValerie, but she is very different from the old Valerie, it is true.  Old Valerie was more of a glamor type while NuValerie is more the butch detective.  Meanwhile, old Jordan was a kickass character who was later dumbed down considerably after becoming the police commissioner.  NuJordan is so soft-spoken that I could never picture her as a tough former agent fighting against drugs.  Yet, I like her, too.

As for the DoD scenes, you hit it on the head about the whole scenario being out of date, but sadly, that got completely by me until I read your post.  I suppose it could be argued that the confessions were so secret and so sensitive that putting them on digital equipment was too risky and too prone to being hacked, but that would still lack credibility.

And, it doesn't say much for my character, but I wouldn't have minded watching Shiloh drug and rape Milo.