GENERAL HOSPITAL April 2019 Discussion

• Members

Yeah, Felicia will have five episodes this month, assuming she isn't also on Tuesday. It's about time Felicia is directly involved with the Ryan storyline in a meaningful way. To be fair, she did appear semi-regularly with Ryan before he/the show moved his obsession to Ava, and then she all but disappeared from the story. They took a promo picture of Ryan and Felicia too back in September so I honestly think the Ava angle was one they thought of later in the story and pursued it and forgot about Felicia (not totally intentionally). For some reason they decided throwing a new character into the mix was the way to ultimately go but I don't think there was a reason we couldn't have Felicia and Ava be Kevin's obsessions. But I'm glad they're fixing it now. We all know Ava will be the one to take down Ryan but I do hope Felicia and Laura are also instrumental in his demise. The three actresses have great chemistry together and their scenes discussing their plot to lure in Ryan were so much fun.

The new Corinthos kitchen set is gorgeous! It's really modern and well designed.

It's been great to see more of Molly. I won't pretend I think Haley is a very deep actress but she has a certain charm and Molly is smart and sticks to her guns, two things I admire in a character. Unfortunately, I don't think she and the new TJ have chemistry. I don't mind the new actor but I adored Tequan in the role. So between losing Tequan, the new actor not having chemistry with Haley, and looking old enough to be Jordan's brother not son, I'm not feeling TJ these days. Surprisingly, the new actor is actually younger than Tequan.

I definitely don't like the new Valerie at this point. I agree that she feels completely different from Brytni but not in a good way to me. She does seem more cop-like but more like an older, seasoned captain, not a young rookie who would've had feelings for Kristina. Maybe this actress should've been the recast Jordan and the recast Jordan should've been the new Valerie, haha.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought she was gone way before that.  I was really little back then but I do have memories of watching the show.  I remember Ginny being a villain at first, and I really started paying attention to it when Felicia arrived.

I just read she was still there and was trying to keep Robert and Holly from really falling in love when they thought Luke was dead and they faked their marriage.  I had no idea she was still involved with Robert by that point.  I think she lasted way longer than her sister did.

• Members

Also- if this was a real soap opera still, with all the scenes and beats a storytelling angles being touched upon, someone would already know that Peter is Alex’s child, not Anna’s. That those Faison memories are from Alex. I am assuming that is where we are going to go. I hope it is at least.

Preferably someone in a relationship with him, so you get the breakup and getting back together storyline. Or new pairings for both characters. Stories that have legs.

I do not worship at Marland’s typewriter like a lot of people do. But I do respect that he wrung every drop out of a story with everybody in town and set the stage for more story all the time. 

From what i seen on you tube from Jan-April 84. Robert & Holly had fallen in love. Jackie was pissed at them. Jackie & the evil real Grant Putnam flirted with each other. Just like the rest of you guys. I've been wondering how much longer was Demi on GH? By this point Jackie was rather unlikable and cold. 

• Members

Finally got to Friday’s show.  That kitchen set is pretty incredible for a soap airing in 2019.  The set design has really improved on this show in the last year.

That kitchen set makes me wish these were the characters I would want to see have a busy kitchen.  Sonny and Carly are no Bauer family kitchen. 

• Members

Youre putting words in my mouth.  I NEVER said GH planned the Oscar death scenes to air against the KSJ tribute. I said it’s UNFORTUNATE that the Oscar stuff is airing at the same time.

Why? Because it looks shallow and minor, and it’s not because the Oscar actor is bad. It’s because KSJ really did die — and that’s impossible to match in importance and sadness and feeling.

If you’d read my post any way but carelessly, you’d understand what I meant.  I’m not a heartless person. 

That being said, I don’t like the Oscar story at all. The kid can’t act, and the story is buried in cliches. Awhile back, he needed a lawyer to become emancipated. Then he needed a lawyer to write a will. Then he needed Cameron to video his goodbye. It’s all cliche and it’s all bad.

Ripples coming for a long time? Doubtful. There won’t be any meaningful story generated from his death.

It does feel wasted on those two. I don’t think it fits in with the rest of the house, either. It seems to be a kitchen remodeled without looking at even one room or element in the entire house.

• Members

Well he is 15/16 he needs a lawyer for that law stuff and my god asking a friend to film a message for him. God some people just reach to make a character/actor they dont like look bad at any cost

Edited by John

• Members

FV has been trying to replicate the mediocre OLTL Starr/Cole teen couple for his entire GH tenure. Oscar is a baby-faced white twink available to be paired with a teen blonde. In FV's eyes, that was enough for him to get a contract. But if he's out they'll just slot in poor Cameron.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah the focus should be on Cameron and yes the actor who plays Oscar is HORRIBLE. No way should that kid have such a heavy storyline, cause he can't pull it off.

I'd like to see Cam be some what of a bad boy like Zander was, but still have a lot of goodness in him.  Right now he feels like a prop for Josscar and Franco