GENERAL HOSPITAL April 2019 Discussion

• Members

I agree that if Peter has to be paired with someone, it makes more sense to go with Lulu as she looks up to him as her boss and is vulnerable over Dante leaving. Personally, Willow and Chase are my favorite thing about this show right now. I haven't liked two new characters this much in a long time. I think I'm also one of the few viewers who never wants Brenda on this show again. She was insufferable during her 2010-2011 return.

Edited by SamandWillowFan

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

JMO

Oscar is not Stone and Garren Stitt is no Michael Sutton. 

FALLEN BRANCH
        I don't see the point of creating a new branch o the Quartermaine family just to put him in the family crypt. They should have kept Griffin around long enough to perform a miracle operation.  They could have recast easily since Stitt hasn't set the show on fire.  Since Oscar is dying, it's time to drop Drew and try a different branch of the Q's to firm them up. (I'd use incoming Cynthia Watros as Celia Quartermaine and introduce her with a son rather than waste of space and airtime Nina.) 

Since Joss will be grieving and lonely, how about bringing Dev the pickpocket to town to stay with Sonny?

DAWN OF DUH

Here's a story that sounds good on paper.   Centering it around Saminex, Xtina, and Wallow... Yawn.   To me the only good things that have come out of it are Dr. Byrne (Joe Flanigan), and the actors behind Shiloh and Harmony. It's a shame neither character is redeemable.   ( A little what if... What if this Lorraine Miller was the one that was involved with Tony Jones BITD?   And Wallow turned out to be his child--BJs baby sister....... )   It's about time to start winding down Dawn of Duh. Why isn't Jordan curious about this cult?

SEEING POTENTIAL

Sasha and Michael may just work......

Please register in order to view this content

RYAN HOPES

Here's to hoping that Ryan returns frothing at the mouth and doing in some dead weight

Looking forward to more Mac, Felicia, Laura, Kevin and Ava as they try to lure  Ryan out.

A FINN ROMANCE

The only entertaining part of this story is Scorpio needling Finn on a daily basis. It's time for Anna to look into Dawn of Duh with Jason an dshut it down....

MVP

Lynn Herring really held the first few days of April together. The Nurses Ball is on the horizon, and Lucy Coe will continue to bring the best out in PC.....

PORT CHUCK RANDOM THOUGHTS

Curtis works in scenes with EVERYONE even Nina.

Waiting to see who Jordan's match will be.

NuValerie seems like a good fit.

Tajh Bellow seems a little green, but with a little time and interacting with Haley Pullos, Vernee Watson, and Donnell Turner, I think he'll be all right.

Speaking of Haley--nice to see Molly more.

More Scotty B!

Avery is adorable.

Why hasn't anyone told Lucas about Dawn of Duh being a cult?

Don't care about Maxter's first date, they've been on far too much as it is.

More Chet, please!

Lulu was gone for what, 2 weeks. It sounded like she was going for months when she left.

Swickard really wore those sheets well......

Edited by slick jones

• Members

Did someone at the show finally hear all the complaints that Felicia needed to be involved in the Ryan story? A little late, but better than nothing I guess. Loving that Jon Lindstrom is still getting airtime.

When this tumor story started, I thought for sure there'd be some last minute miracle cure. I'm kind of surprised (but glad) that Oscar is actually going to die. I have a feeling we're in for some sad scenes, even though I don't even like Oscar. I'm not really sure what they'll do with Kim once he's gone though.

Still liking Michael and Sasha. Still not liking Maxie and Peter.

• Members

Somebody help me out here. I dropped out of watching again, had some time and was flying through all the eps currently on Hulu and Anna thinks Alex might be Robin’s mother?

Why tell this story at all if Robin is not in the show? So strange.

• Members

I really never cared for Oscar or the actor, but honestly, I've warmed to him because they have interacting with a lot of people he should have long been interacting with. Where were all the scenes of Monica, Oscar and Scout bonding over the months before he suddenly starts dying? Why do we never see Monica being harried around her grandchildren she's *always* watching? (She's the new Audrey)

I still have my annoyances ... 

I like Michael and Sasha but it feels doomed to fail and I'm curious to see where it goes after Friday's little cliffhanger. 

I liked Lulu and Peter's talk about his fear of not being able to love, or whatnot. They work SO much better, even if neither character is all that interesting. Peter and Maxie just feel like buddies and partners in crime who have the hots for each other, but I just don't see anything at all between them It's felt forced and it doesn't help they have Maxie at Nathan's grave and low and behold Peter shows up (this was months ago). Can they beat us over the head with it anymore if they tried? STOP

The whole Anna/Robin thing felt so weird and I'm not sure what the intention or goal was. To ultimately say there's "no doubt"? It felt very random and plotty. I guess to try and divert from the likelihood that Peter is Alex's, which of course will come out after Anna and Peter finally get close. There's a reason they had Robert point out Anna refuses to let herself be happy. She will and then be devastated all over again. I did enjoy Robert and Anna's conversations this week, for the most part. I have enjoyed Robert and Finn needling each other. Personally Finn should have been Tom Hardy, but I digress ...

GH has a lot of potential, personally. And it has a massive problem of Frank and Varni pushing their pets and refusing to cut what isn't working (such as: their pets). The writing actually isn't horrible ... even if some of it's lacking at times. I notice some good one on one conversations and some good scripts. The bones are there. It's just a bit hollow.

It is really nice they FINALLY are using Felicia; I imagine they did hear the loud outcry that Felicia and Lucy were both absent for pretty much the entire duration (minus an episode here and there that really wasn't about them being in the story).

I kind of think the writers aren't the problem ... (though I struggle with the Franco propping immensely, it's so awful, and certain things like Sonny the hero, etc. are still prevelant but is that a push from above or the writers doing it on purpose as a way to make it as obnoxious as possible ... I've always wondered that; I feel the DAYS writers despised Daniel and often propped him to ridiculous fashion as a way to 'speak out' ... weird, I know, but that's how I think ... lol)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Felicia was missed in the earlier Ryan storyline, so I’m happy to see more of her here.  I’m also just happy to see her.  She looks great and is still playing the same person.  I also like Laura telling Kevin sometimes the dangerous plan is the right one.  That fits her history pretty well.

For purely shallow reasons, I think the current roster of men on this show are hotter than they have had as a collection in years.  Shiloh, Curtis, Michael, Lucas, Brad, TJ, Kevin, Jason, Peter, Drew (I know a lot of you do not like those last three but I think they are attractive), Alexis’ therapist.  They are also nowhere near as bland as a normal Valentini hunk.  

I cannot believe they they are actually going to kill Oscar.  

I like this new Valerie.  And Sasha.  And Willow has grown on me a lot since her personality has started to develop with the DOD storyline.  She is still my least favorite of those three so far, but she is growing on me.

• Members

GH films 4-6 weeks ahead so I doubt they did it this week to get viewers away from YR

I know some dont like the story but to go this far and say GHplanned this aganist YR's RL tribute to KSJ is just heartless

Im loving the Oscar story and I feel ripples coming for a long time as it should when someone dies

Yes loving the new Valerie. I hope they continue to use her

• Members

I am also just about as sick of that GH corridor bench as I am the one in the park on DAYS.  

They have a fantastic hospital set.  Truthfully lots of their sets look good considering the budget they have.  Still sick of that bench though.

• Members

Maybe we will see more sets. Who is living in the House that The Webbers lived in from 1976-87

I know Anna Robert Robin Mac Felecia Georgie and Maxie all lived there throughout the years

what happened to that house

Also to Long time GH fans, I saw a GH episode from April 84 where Demi Moore's Jackie & Judith Chapman's Ginny interacted at GH while waiting on word about Frisco's illness

How much longer was Demi as Jackie Templeton on after that point?