GH and Y&R Casting News

• Members

Let's not pretend ValenVarni didn't expect to sign MS back just like they did Devry and Howarth.  Both of these guys left the show but jumped back as soon as they realized no one cared that they were available. MS got lucky that Y&R made an offer and jumped on it like a hobo on a hot dog.

The fact that ABC allows a pointless character to continue is the big problem. Cynthia Watros is a nice addition, but not as Nina. Bringing her in as a character connected to the canvas-- Elizabeth's mother that hates Franko or a Quartermaine cousin, etc....would be better.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Pairing Watros with Jax is a fine idea. Doing it as Nina is a mistake. I can never get wholly behind Nina even with CW in the role.

I'd ask why this forum still tolerates the one-note stan who keeps trying to drag us into her nonsense, but then I remember the forum and its crumbling infrastructure is now apparently only run by one person and if you suggest that's not logistically feasible however well-meaning the thread gets locked.

Edited by Vee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This is still so weird! Michelle Stafford still hasn't acknowledged the fact that she's going to Y&R even though we know she's filming. Y&R hasn't even done much to acknowledge this change. I doubt there will be much of a gap between the two actresses, but we still don't have a firm first airdate or any type of hype for her return. I wonder if they're shocked by the outpouring of support for Gina Tognoni and plan to ease into this.

• Members

It's clear they didn't anticipate the outpouring of support for Gina Tognoni - not just from a lot of fans, but from their own cast and crew. People like Sharon Case, Eileen Davidson, Eric Braeden, Peter Bergman, Jason Thompson, Amelia Heinle, Hunter King and others have not hid the fact about how much they're going to miss working with GT and how puzzled they are by this (most of them continue to state their love for GT on her social media). By comparison, the response to Michelle returning continues to be very mute by the cast, and it's not like they have anything to be quiet or respectful about, GT finished taping a month ago and her last scenes aired this past week. 

I'm sure most of the cast will keep things professional, but it's definitely very awkward knowing how much the cast and crew adored GT (and more so than MS in a lot of cases). 

After Griffith and Morina got overwhelmingly slammed for that interview, I doubt they'll do much to promote Michelle returning to this role for fear of getting the very same response. It's better in this instance to take a very low-key approach because it's not like GT was a universally hated recast. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

It reminds me of that photograph of the new cast--Rosales and Jack's girlfriend Kerry and how TPTB tweeted it out so gleefully and didn't expect the pushback they got on social media.  Then proceeded to attempt to quietly debute the Rosales characters on the scene.  A few months later and two Rosales related characters were dismissed.

I don't see the same fate for MS but the initial enthusiastic tweet, the blowback, then silence reminds me of that time.