Y&R: RIP Kristoff St John

• Members

What can I say that hasn't been said already?  This is a terrible, tragic loss -- for Y&R, for its' cast and crew, for its' fans and for everyone who knew and loved him.  No matter how I felt about Neil Winters or KSJ, I never denied the impact both made on viewers, and on African-American viewers in particular.

Like everyone else, I'm praying that his soul is at peace, and that he has been reunited with his beloved son.

I think that had to be the toughest part about his ordeal -- not just losing his child, which is devastating in and of itself, but the fact that he had to grieve for that loss in public.  

I realize this might be too soon, but I think Y&R would be foolish to recast or kill off Neil, especially in light of today's news.  When Brenda Benet (ex-Lee, DAYS) committed suicide, the writers wisely wrote her character out of Salem and had her leave a note to Renee explaining her abrupt departure.  Y&R should do the same for Neil: just have him leave town for some reason, with others explaining he's starting a new life away from GC.  Just keep that character alive, but offscreen.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think KSJ committed suicide. 

It's definitely too soon  but since you brought it up I disagree on your stance. KSJ and Neil deserve a story exit. He's meant too much to the show and fans over the years. Let the fans mourn the character through story.