Y&R: RIP Kristoff St John

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Me too @dragonflies I really hope that somewhere in whatever consciousness he had/has, on some level, he realized that he was loved and respected. 

Stunning to realize that though they were decades apart in age, both Kristoff and Penny Marshall passed away within weeks of each other.

This is a clip from an appearance on Happy Days.

Okay, I really have to try to squeeze some work in before the day is over (I haven't done much at all today!) but this article in People's magazine has statements from Bryton James, Angell Conwell and others.

The Young & the Restless Cast Mourns Kristoff St. John: 'He Left an Indelible Mark' 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

This is so saddening. Just like anyone who grew up watching soaps in the 1990s, I view KSJ as one of the most recognizable faces of daytime. His passing definitely marks yet another sign of the times for this once-mighty genre.

It's heartwarming to see so many non-Y&R/non-CBS/non-LA soap stars sharing their thoughts. Once upon a time, there was a great, big community of daytime drama performers and behind-the-scenes talent, and they mixed and mingled often, and they all got to know each other, and they found kindred spirits in one another, and it's clear that many found a kindred spirit in KSJ.

• Members

I'm so very upset...I can barely find the words I want to say. Please bear with me if I sound like I am going on and on.....I found out early afternoon and was instantly in tears....my I swelled....

I have always been vocal wherever I post about the show in regards to KSJ and Neil....

I have always loved him and his character...Always such a classy, gorgeous and talented man....I truly hope he as much as many feel he may have done it to himself. I wish that it will not be that way. It is so hard enough to know people so young pass away but in that way it hurts much more...

I have always felt a lot of cast members feel like family especially since we have watched them for years and have gotten to know them and their characters well.... 

I have been looking on Facebook at all the announcements which maybe wasn't such a good idea as I felt sick to see his name announced so many times that "he died at 52".....I should have signed off as I couldn't bear to keep seeing it....Hurt enough to know....I just kept saying please don't be real.....

Many who know me know I loved him as an Actor and also his character along with his on screen family.  I got to see KSJ several times on various shows or interviews and you just know he was real.  So hard especially he was so young and have watched the show from the beginning. 

Prayers for his daughters, family, friends and all who loved him.  May Kristoff be blessed in heaven. You will be so missed.

Edited by BellaCuore

• Members

Learning about him has been the most extraordinary thing today. Even after two decades of watching him as Neil, I had no idea he had an entire career before Y&R. Just reading about his father! I don't how else to say this other than the entire industry failed him. My God he was a gorgeous, charming, naturally talented actor and he should have reaped roles. I can't speak about his personal issues, but when it comes to his career the industry should be ashamed. While I'm so grateful for the space being made today for actors of color, I'll shed more tears this man never got his moment in that space.