Y&R: RIP Kristoff St John

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Haha. I remember when “sucka” was used in common parlance. Loved the Boyz II Men “Motownphilly” dance-off.

1992 was an absolute banner year for the show for many reasons.

KSJ may not have had Shemar’s voluptuousness, but he was beautiful. It’s sad that somehow over the years he was thought to be beige and boring. He aged remarkably well, even by “black don’t crack” standards.

• Members

There are quite a few black people on Twitter talking about the impact the character had on them and it's clear that he was iconic. It's always been clear that Y&R has been the top soap for black viewers, but seeing some of these tweets really drives home how iconic this character was for many people. It is just television but I do believe that positive black characters have and can inspire younger generations to aspire to be successful or at least know that they don't have to fit into traditional stereotypes.

• Members

I'll say it again, Neil's send off can be used to reboot the entire canvas. Everyone, excepting the newbies that's hogging the show but shouldn't be, has a connection to him. They can take the time to bring back old characters to launch into new story, especially anyone winters related. Yolanda, Olivia, Mamie, Lillie Bell, Walter, Justin and Marcus from Bold, Ashley, Tucker, Tyra, Moses, and all those women Neil ran through over the years (Alex, Sofia, Karen, Leslie), Nina, Jill. I don't think there is a person in the industry who would say no to doing this for KSJ. If the show chose to, they can create new Winters characters to bring on like a cousin or neice. Or take the time to introduce another black family which would open the story up for winters. Maybe a frat brother and his wife and kids. 

The sky is the limit. But that'd require them to stop focusing so heavily on Rosales. 

• Members

Say what?  Oh, hell to the no!

Loving tributes aside, Twitter is such trash, and it needs to die.  Immediately.

Great.  "The Further Adventures of Lola and Mia."  I can't wait.  RME.

Edited by Khan