Days: February 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I truly don't understand why, instead of bumping her up to Co-HW at the LEAST, they instead demote her to scriptwriter and then, ultimately, she leaves (or is fired? Can anyone confirm?)

I know in the past she's expressed a lack of desire to return to the show as HW because of the budget, but...what little good was happening on DAYS this past while, I largely credit to Sheri's input. The moment she and Ryan Quan ended their consulting stints, I've noticed things going WILDLY off the rails. And I haven't loved a lot of the show under Ron so far as it is.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I mean, who didn't see her leaving coming? I have no idea if there was any actual drama but I never was convinced Ron could work with a co-HW.

OTOH, that may be unfair. As I also never believed Sony would allow it, not after how they treated two other old hands, Sally Sussman and Kay Alden at Y&R. To the execs all 'old fashioned' soap writers are radioactive and antithetical to rebranding and remaking a show. It's been that way for at least 15 years.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I was kidding.

But yes, I do remember one particular clone was spotted in Iowa when John and Abe were doing their super sleuthing while Marlena was missing. I think there was another one mentioned being elsewhere too. But yeah, otherwise, the four clones were never mentioned again. Sounds like the perfect opportunity for Ron Carlivati to have his leading lady play 5 characters just as Eileen did in '97... 

• Members

I've never seen/watched this before, but who's the host? Cutie patootie...

Watching/listening, it's clear this 9-episode-a-week shooting schedule is burning these actors out... Kudos to mainstays like Kristian Alfonso who has frontburner story and manages to keep it together, year after year, decade after decade. 

This mayoral race with Grumpy Abe, Ice Queen Melinda & Resurrected Jack is a farce. RC should stick to camp. Socially relevant stories are not his thing. Doug Marland he ain't. Don't care for a bland Haley. But i hated Jack for revealing she's illegal.  Hated the Claire fake out. Don't like Claire at all. But i hate that she's being thrown under the bus for Ben. The pretty boy serial killer. 

Archived