Days: February 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this more than anything is the worst trait of soap writing of the last 20 years.  The blatant writing towards keeping a character no matter what they have done.  The constant, never ending propping.

I think it really started with Luke Spencer on GH, but it’s gotten so much worse since the late 1990’s.

I think the only character that the audience was spared this with was Roger Thorpe in GL.  The people in town that hated him got to keep their point of view and were not seen as being in the wrong.  The audience wasn’t being force fed an opinion or point of view.  Who knows what would have happened had he not gotten ill and heinously fired from the show.  But by that time his peers on other shows, the Victor Newman’s and Luke Spencer’s and Todd Manning’s and ultimately Sonny Corinthos of the other shows were already being annointed.

• Members

Sonny looked like a damn fool thinking by thrusting his chest out that Leo would cave. I am so tired of Ron Carlivati writing Sonny this way. Sonny is a wimp with no backbone. The only one he treats like dirt is Will which begs the question why does Will still want to be with this loser?

• Members

Wednesday episode....oye...Jack has no memory of his children yet he is arguing with JJ about the girl he is dating but when Jennifer shows up to invite him to the wedding he is refusing.....what awful writing by Ron Carlivati once again. Why the hell would Jack care about JJ if he doesn't remember him but yet not care his daughter.....terrible..

Archived