victoria foxton

Days: January 2019 Discussion Thread

So I'm catching up on Days and well Rex Brady also slept with Noelle Curtis?  Love the history being dug up there but what a stretch for KL to still be a ladies man lol. 

I’m getting caught up now and it’s so hard for me to see Kyle Lowder, who by the way looks great to me, playing Rex. He was Brady when I started watching Days and I actually liked the previous Rex so it just feels so odd. Especially with them playing him as Eric’s brother so heavy handedly. By the time Rex was revealed to be a Brady, he barely interacted with the family in that capacity before he left the show.

Really enjoyed the Devereaux family dinner. Billy Flynn and Kate Mansi still have great chemistry.

I really enjoy DA Trask. She’s such an unrepentant bitch, but she’s totally right about Hope and the police force.

2 hours ago, Khan said:

To be fair, I got a similar vibe from the last guy (Eric Winter?) who played Rex.

Heh. Like I said, I've only seen this character since KL started playing him in the fall, so I was kind of shocked to read about him being a genius, because he acts like the exact opposite lol.

Never liked The Gemini Twins. Even by Days standards their origins were too silly. I don't remember original  recipe  Eric Winter/Rex very well.  But this New Rex might as well be a different person. I liked KL as Brady. As Rex his awful. Here's a clip with Rex & Mimi. Makes me sad seeing the beautiful Tuscany set filled with tons of extra's. If this was modern era Days they would be at an empty HTS.

Edited by victoria foxton

Has Eric Winter grown as an actor? I don't watch The Rookie. His run as Rex was notable for two reasons: a, his body and b, the feeling that Rex and MIMI were the b-team and occasionally c-team for couples in their age group.

Edited by Franko
Wrong name.

33 minutes ago, Franko said:

Has Eric Winter grown as an actor?

I saw him last year in a Hallmark Christmas movie with Jodie Sweeten (a.k.a. "Stephanie Tanner," on "Full House.").  He wasn't bad.  But, then again, the bar's pretty low when it comes to Hallmark movies. ;)

27 minutes ago, Khan said:

I saw him last year in a Hallmark Christmas movie with Jodie Sweeten (a.k.a. "Stephanie Tanner," on "Full House.").  He wasn't bad.  But, then again, the bar's pretty low when it comes to Hallmark movies. ;)

Speaking of...too bad he didn't swing the other way since he loves latinos.❤️

3 hours ago, Franko said:

Has Eric Winter grown as an actor? I don't watch The Rookie. His run as Rex was notable for two reasons: a, his body and b, the feeling that Rex and MIMI were the b-team and occasionally c-team for couples in their age group.

He's pretty good on The Rookie and looks good, too.

Somewhere in California there’s a hair stylist pretending to be Linsey Godfrey’s friend but secretly despises her. I feel like she traveled to 1988 to get that haircut. 

1 minute ago, Gray Bunny said:

Somewhere in California there’s a hair stylist pretending to be Linsey Godfrey’s friend but secretly despises her. I feel like she traveled to 1988 to get that haircut. 

You make it sound like she is the only one who they style horribly. The list is long my friend. 

30 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

I feel like she traveled to 1988 to get that haircut. 

Which is appropriate, since I think that was the last time we saw her.

Am I the only one that's disappointed that Xander and Leo didn't do the deed? I'm not surprised by the twist, but I think it would have been interesting to see Xander go that far to get Leo's secrets. Plus...I could totally see Xander going both ways and being nonchalant about the whole thing.