Jump to content
victoria foxton

Days: January 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, AlexElizabeth said:

Sarah's hair is horrible, but I did like her telling sanctimonious Eric that she enjoyed every minute of banging Xandy.

Poor Sarah has been all over the place since she appeared. I'm not sure what the long-term plan could be for this character. It's a disappointment because I do think the actress is good and the character is a legacy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, pdm1974 said:

Am I the only one that's disappointed that Xander and Leo didn't do the deed? I'm not surprised by the twist, but I think it would have been interesting to see Xander go that far to get Leo's secrets. Plus...I could totally see Xander going both ways and being nonchalant about the whole thing.

 

I agree. Your take sounds a lot better to me. Unless DAYS returns to this and they do have sex, this is taking the easy way out.

 

I also cringed when Xander told Leo "You'd hate the idea of kissing a girl, wouldn't you?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

 

I agree. Your take sounds a lot better to me. Unless DAYS returns to this and they do have sex, this is taking the easy way out.

 

I also cringed when Xander told Leo "You'd hate the idea of kissing a girl, wouldn't you?" 

I agree...it was the easy way out. Why even go there if you weren't going to go THERE?

 

I have enjoyed Xander in general. He can run around in nothing but those jogging shorts every episode as far as I'm concerned. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, I was disappointed in how Leo appeared to be pressuring Xander into having sex; then, I was disappointed that DAYS seemingly took the easy way out with this "drugged champagne" bit.

 

I don't know, this story's got me all over the place, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Khan said:

First, I was disappointed in how Leo appeared to be pressuring Xander into having sex; then, I was disappointed that DAYS seemingly took the easy way out with this "drugged champagne" bit.

 

I don't know, this story's got me all over the place, lol.

That's why I haven't seen the last 6 episodes yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking out the show again because I felt like watching at least one soap again.  The innuendo was hilarious when Leo felt the champagne bottle and was all "someone is awake" lol. Other the Leo/Xander scenes I liked when Eve called Jennifer a school marm which describes that character perfectly.

 

Edited by ReddFoxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

That's why I haven't seen the last 6 episodes yet. 

 

I think if Xander had not felt conflicted about sleeping with Leo -- if, in fact, he had been willing to do whatever it took to get whatever he wanted -- and then actually did it, I might have received the storyline a bit better than I have.  To me, that's more progressive than writing innuendos with bananas.

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Khan said:

 

I think if Xander had not felt conflicted about sleeping with Leo -- if, in fact, he had been willing to do whatever it took to get whatever he wanted -- and then actually did it, I might have received the storyline a bit better than I have.  To me, that's more progressive than writing innuendos with bananas.

+1

 

And Xander seems like the type of guy who would do ANYTHING to get what he wanted...even Leo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But, if I were writing the show, the twist would be that afterward, Xander is up for having sex again with Leo, but Leo is resistant, because, for all that beefcake, Xander is actually a bad lay.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I wasn't sure how I felt about the Xander / Leo stuff. For all of the cuddly cableknit gays of our lives, a Leo comes along and the ignorant will run with this depiction of a slimey sex-crazed homo. Then there's the whole trade/gay for pay phenomenon which is very real, and there are plenty of narcissists like Xander who comprise that demo, and yet... I don't know if this show is daring enough to "jeopardize" even a peripheral character like Xander by letting him sleep with a man. If they ever want to up this guy's role and make him a hetero lead, he will always be dogged by that big slice of the fandom who will disparage him for being "GAY! 😲 " because they can't wrap their minds around the intricacies of sexuality.

It's like they'd have to make him repent for any gay past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

 

I also cringed when Xander told Leo "You'd hate the idea of kissing a girl, wouldn't you?" 

 

:::shrug::: I’d hate it too. Much less putting my body part into one of their orifices. 

 

Besides, Xander isn’t getting money. He’s getting information that may or may not be helpful to him. 

 

Edited by Gray Bunny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SFK said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure how I felt about the Xander / Leo stuff. For all of the cuddly cableknit gays of our lives, a Leo comes along and the ignorant will run with this depiction of a slimey sex-crazed homo. Then there's the whole trade/gay for pay phenomenon which is very real, and there are plenty of narcissists like Xander who comprise that demo, and yet... I don't know if this show is daring enough to "jeopardize" even a peripheral character like Xander by letting him sleep with a man. If they ever want to up this guy's role and make him a hetero lead, he will always be dogged by that big slice of the fandom who will disparage him for being "GAY! 😲 " because they can't wrap their minds around the intricacies of sexuality.

It's like they'd have to make him repent for any gay past.

I wonder. Somehow Adam’s transactional sex with Rafe on Y&R didn’t hurt his leading man prospects. Although they didn’t camp up the story as much as DAYS is currently doing.

 

Also 

 

Leo will hit on Brady next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn’t, but homophobic viewers could have still conceivably held that experience against him. Of course, they had Heather punish him, and it was buried within all of the other heinous stuff Adam did before Sharon “rescued” him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...