YR actress decides to go recurring...

• Members

+1.

There are TONS of stories to be written for the extended Chancellor family but since it's made up of people of color (Neil/Devon) the LGBT community (Phillip III) and dynamic women over 40 (Jill/Nina/Esther) means it will NEVER happen.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TIIC have already decided who they will ALWAYS feature and will force them on viewers.  It's obvious, viewers need other characters pushed to the forefront, but YR is only serving up Vicky, Phyllis and sometimes Sharon, Nick and those that love them.  Why would viewers continue to hang on for these non charismatic people?  A new HW/EP could walk thru the door and the head honchos will have it mapped out who they should be writing for, viewer interest and need for more be damned!  

• Members

With what's going on with Mal Young,  I think Mal Young will soon be fired, and hopefully, this stupid, crazy idea will be dropped.  Lily and Cane are fan faves and especially Lily is a very important character to the canvas, same goes for Devon.   Hopefully, this will end up not happening.  The Powers That Be should no a bunch of newbies being in focus instead of fan faves, will equal lower ratings. 

• Members

Cane's only useful and interesting to me when he's acting shady or stealing his kids tuition money to pay off a blackmailer. I want that Cane back. But if not, he can hit bricks too. He's long needed to go because they've never gotten him right. IMHO. And I despise his whispery acting. Lawd.

• Members

Unfortunately, DG doesn't recognize that shady, slimy Cane is his strength. He's long needed to go after 2 critical writer mistakes: 1) switching him from Jill's son; and 2) the whole twin/dead mess.

Based on the number of frontburner actresses being let go on Y&R, there is ZERO chance switching status was voluntary. 

• Members

Charlie and Mattie really help push Y&R into 2009 GL territory. I don't want the Winters gone, but what's even there in the first place? A new pop-up replacement family resembling the Hernandezes is definitely not the answer.

Archived