YR actress decides to go recurring...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly despite all I do like her. I think her first run as Lily was good and I’ve enjoyed her a couple times since (when Cane was dead & with SSM’s writing). Both she and Daniel Goddard proved themselves excellent leads for the show when Sally was writing, but as a couple they’re painfully dull so I can understand her doing this. She’ll never get a good story paired with him. 

With that said....recast or write her off. The character is too important to just be here and there. 

• Members

I like Lily too. And I actually kind of like Cane. I wonder what will happen with Lily. I actually think that a Lily goes to prison storyline could be interesting and provide meaty material for her and the Winters family. But I'm not sure what's going to happen. I haven't seen hardly any spoilers about Lily/The Winters family lately.

• Members

Right on the money! Bad Cane was a lot more enjoyable and gave CK really good material.

I don't believe Sony gave her a choice. They probably gave her a little something if she went public with the 'my decision' narrative - coming on the heels of MiM, ED and MCE in just the past six months. These are 4 very popular actresses.

Interestingly, which actors of similar caliber have been dropped during this period? 

• Members

I heard this a few days ago. And just read an insider article about it from the same person that scooped the Mishael stuff. Lily goes to jail and the show will use this to phase out Winters and replace them with the Rosales family for diversity. 

https://tvsourcemagazine.com/2018/08/report-are-the-ashbys-being-phased-out-at-the-young-and-the-restless/

Archived