YR actress decides to go recurring...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that Lily going to jail for a year could be interesting if her family members are shown dealing with that.  And if she s also shown adjusting to jail. I 'm also okay with a new Latino family being introduced to the show, but not at the expense of the Winters family. I want the Winters family to stay around and have storylines. And Lily going to jail could provide them with that, if they were written for.

On a side note it looks like they might have Kyle/Nate interact with the new Latino family. I'm fine with that. They both need suitable love interests and I think it could be interesting if they are paired up with Arturo/Griffin's relatives. I have been felt they should have cast Arturo's younger sister for Kyle. Summer and Kyle don't have chemistry and it doesn't look like they want to put him with Mariah. And Nate and Victoria don't seem to have chemistry either. (Even though I originally wondered if they might work).

Also, I wonder what will happen with the new character Candace.  I wonder if they will they scrap that casting call or still try and cast her. 

• Members

IMO, They shouldn't have to go. The show is making a mistake here if they gets rid of them. This show was interesting when the focus was on the Winters family dealing with the aftermath of Hilary's death. We had some interesting, believable drama and it seems like Mal is dropping it. He should have kept that going and also continued the storyline with Dina which he also has moved away from.

The show hasn't been as good lately since he's moved away from these storylines and now is focusing heavily on Summer/Phyllis. The show has been much more boring lately, (including the spoilers) because of these moves Mal/the show has made.

• Members

If anything, I would use Lily's incarceration as a way to introduce the Rosales family.  Maybe one of the guards at the prison is a member of the family, or one of the other inmates is a Rosales, and Lily befriends them there.  Then, gradually, I would introduce the rest of the clan.

• Members

That could work and if they did that I would still like them to keep Lily around. I wouldn't have minded a storyline where Lily goes to prison, has a hard time adjusting at first, (maybe gets into a fight/is attacked) and then eventually learns to hold her own in prison and even makes some friends. Maybe she could befriend a member of the Rosales family who is about to get out. I wouldn't mind seeing Lily eventually befriend some women in prison and even promise to help them turn their lives around after she/they get out.

• Members

What Abbotts? Only Jack will be left. I don't count Kyle...he is homeless child....LOL

I am so glad the actress is gone...never cared for her...let's hope Cane is next and very soon. I can't stand the actor and his antics on social media.

As a latino I could care less for the Rosales, the new latino family.......no soap has ever been able to write correctly a latino/hispanic family. 

All that said ....Mal is slowly but surely destroying anything good Y&R once had with all the firings........

• Members

Yeah, that’s so typical. The Santos family on AMC, the Santos family on GL, the Vegas on OLTL. They were more than happy to pair them with the Anglo characters (I won’t say white since Latinos can be any race or mixed), but they are ethnic enough to date the black folks from time to time. Yet almost without fail, they’ll play some hot Latino stud with the white heroine and play a Latina or woman of color as the villain. 

• Members

Yes they will send the latina under the bus in a minute for their white heroine. And  they rarely cast actors who are half latino to play their offspring. 

And you have Maurice Benard as the only latino lead in Daytime which they used to proudly boast about during Hispanic heritage month while every one of Sonny's kids in Anglo. 

• Members

It would be great if while Lily is in prison, her husband and her kids could go on an around-the-world tour that would take them all out of Genoa City for an extended period.

I'm kidding. Sort of.

It has ALWAYS been a mistake to instantly introduce and feature prominently an entire gaggle of new family members. Longtime viewers may very well resent losing familiar faces, and therefore refuse to accept all the new strangers. 

Archived