YR actress decides to go recurring...

• Members

The show didn't hear our cries and decide to give a payoff.  They are just discarding something they don't care for and never have.  

You don't think not liking the Winters as they are written [and have been for years] is different from wiping out a minority family and replacing them with another as if both can't exist at the same time?  You don't need hypocrisy to feel both.  

For the record, I don't like CK and I hate black valley girls, which is what Lily had become.  Davetta was a more realistic Lily IMHO.  However, this is a despicable move by YR and CBS but I don't have to give up the show because I don't watch.  Even as I sit home today, I skipped it.  I'm done and was really done the moment they sent Hillary to TPIR with Neal.  The writing was on the wall AGAIN!  I chose not to ignore it and have not watch YR since. 

The real shame is that black women will still watch and root for Sharon, Phyllis and Victoria.  Bait and Switch really does work, which is why black characters are never long term leads (if at all), they remain supporting characters - makes them very easy to get rid of.  Bring them in to get viewers attention, make it look as if they are relevant to the canvas, have a white character shadow them until they eventually ease to the forefront, reduce the airtime of the person viewers came for as the viewers, who don't realize they've just been duped, salivate over the white character who just hijacked the story.  

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel the character is needed but im sorry Lily has teens and CK just turned 30. They need to cast an actress in her late 30's to early 40's. That has nothing to do with her acting. Its that CK looks like her kids sister/friend not Mom and its jarring to me

• Members

If that had been the extent of the complaints, I'd agree with you. However, it went beyond that. Many complaints blamed the actors looks and abilities for the writing. The actually marginalization was ignored to level disparagement at  the actors. You know this to be true as well as I do. Thusly, hypocrisy. 

That being said, I agree with everything else. The show does what the show will. As long as Black women continue to watch and accept this treatment, black characters and the folks that play then will continue be crapped on. But I don't think there will be any black folks left on Y&R this time next year. Nate doesn't work and history isn't on new woman's side. 

• Members

There was no need to age the Ashby twins for JT, who technically  is a year younger than Summer, they could've sorased  Moses, give Hiliary a baby Sis or Cousin, and create  another Female character for a teen quad

I say get rid of the Ashbys and Devon, keep Neil, Nate , and soras Moses.  Really Nate or Devon are interchangeable, cept Devon has history as opposed to Nate who is a brand new canvas to write for!

Archived