YR actress decides to go recurring...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes.  But Kay was a Chancellor only by marriage.  Tucker was the result of Kay's affair with Arthur Hendricks.  So, saying he and Devon are Chancellors by birth would be inaccurate, IMO.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, didn't Kay's affair occur during her first marriage to Gary Reynolds?

• Members

Well, in that case, we should say Reynolds, because -- again, IIRC -- it was Gary Reynolds' company which Kay, as his widow, gave to Phillip to run.  And Brock -- who is a Reynolds by birth, which would in turn make Mac a Reynolds by birth -- took off to Europe or wherever because he disagreed with Kay's decision.

• Members

You know, I still feel uneasy about the fact that Kay willed at least part of her late husband's estate -- whether the late husband in question was Gary Reynolds or Phillip Chancellor probably makes no difference -- to a grandson who wouldn't even exist if she hadn't committed adultery.  I realize Kay was attempting to do right by her grandson after giving his bio dad up for adoption and denying his existence for so long, but...really?  That's how you choose to make it up to Devon?  By giving him part of another man's legacy who is entirely unrelated to him or his dad; and who, if he were still alive, might be more than a little resentful toward this living reminder of his wife's unfaithfulness?  Couldn't she have given him -- oh, I don't know -- some Shepard money instead?

To me, it was as if Kay was rubbing her infidelity and its results in her dead husbands' faces, lol.

• Members

Devon has the money. Katherine wanted him to have it. The rest of the family is perfectly fine with it.

With that said, Mackenzie & Devon are Chancellors as much as Nina or Jill.

Unfortunately the show doesn't care about The Chancellors unless it's to allow random characters run their company as a sign of legitimacy.

Archived