New Soap Melange W/ Many Soap Alums

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ehhhh...

Please register in order to view this content

Look, I am all for my community to get their limelight, but that was painful. 

But sometimes, a sh*tty pilot can lead a show with lots of potential to be retooled. 

Overall, I am glad to see Robert Newman back onscreen; he's been one actor that I've always felt should've remained booked post-GL as he's extremely talented. 

• Members

Ding ding ding! Unfortunately it just reads like a bad fanfic. Maybe they're able to turn it around in the subsequent episodes, but I doubt it. I'd rather just have a season 4 of Dante's Cove, thanks.

• Members

It was bad. LOL. I feel like anyone can make these nowadays with their iPhone. Maybe their step up from iPhone quality was using a boom mic and a homemade lighting kit? Seriously though, when I watch something of this quality (or lack thereof), it actually gets my creative juices going because clearly ANYONE can put something online. The difference here is actual star power (out of work soap actors). 

I'd actually continue watching it, in a trainwreck fashion. But one thing they desperately need to do is give us establishing shots! It was nothing but up close or tight shots of the rooms they were in. The understanding of the space of the club was very disjointed, showing a tight shot of the bar, a tight shot of the stage, a tight shot of a sitting area. It wasn't until Morgan Fairchild first showed up you got a sense of what the room looked like overall. 

Tight shots of their kitchens/offices, etc. also needed establishing shots. Director of Photography 101. 

• Members

Oh wow. Now that you mention that I totally get it. As I was watching, I kept asking why is it that I don't know what I'm looking and clearly the shots didn't help identify or establish any of these locations. Everything was tight. Clearly direction matters...maybe you should ask them to take over. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Haha! Morgan has been pretty candid over the years about what she's had done - and I noticed her face has thinned out and looks a lot more like she used to, which is only going to come from overall weight loss, so I don't think she's fibbing. 

• Members

I just put on her weight gain to her age catching up with her, but I guess the mold explanation makes sense considering she's been slim all her life and her weight gain was very sudden.