Days: June 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1950's - saddling a young, beautiful and intelligent cop with an unexpected pregnancy as punishment for a one-nighter. I'm glad they ended a story that should've never happened. The only thing I liked during this S/L was Julie/Eli scenes (wish there were more). 

Considering Eli is mixed race, I doubt the 1/4 (Eli) to 1/2 (JJ) had anything to do with it. The baby would've still be biracial and come from legacy families.  

• Members

Not sure why some folks are shocked at moRon's actions.  He removed the story from the story at the start.  What kind of drama is there when everyone knows JJ isn't the father before Lani even shows?  moRon is working OT to remove the black folks from the Hortons (MTHWA).

He tells a "Only White and Blue Lives Matter" story and then promptly removes the black male involved from the canvas as the characters and viewers feel bad for JJ.  Made Abe look like a fool for being upset with an innocent man.  Then to have POC rooting for this jackass HW to receive an Emmy?!  WTF?!  

I have always loathed moRon, but I gave him a chance with Days.  He proved me right again, and it didn't even take long!   

• Members

The ballsier choice would have been to still allow viewers to sympathize with both characters (and oh yeah, keep Theo on the show) but ultimately reveal that J.J., while well intentioned, made a real unforced error as a cop and now must better himself.

It's an excellent story idea, but I never had much faith DAYS of all shows could write it.

(Tooting my own sad-ass fanfic horn, it does remind me of when I'd had a police brutality arc in mind at OLTL in the 2000s featuring the often volatile Antonio Vega coming to grips with his own issues by facing a far more brutal and dangerous celebrated veteran cop played by... Stephen Nichols.)

• Members

I don't think that Lani/Eli have chemistry but I do wish that their baby would have lived. It would have been nice watching Julie/Abe/Val fuss over their great grandchild/grandchild. That would have been a nice addition to their families. Plus, with the loss of the baby it feels like this storyline was an entire waste. It doesn't feel like there was any payoff to this storyline. All it did IMO was succeed in breaking up two couples who had more chemistry than Lani/Eli. Even worse IMO that there are spoilers that say that

Please register in order to view this content

I wonder where the writers will go from here. I do think that Lani/JJ might make their way back to each other. I would have rather this have possibly happened with the baby living. I do think that JJ could have learned to love Lani/Eli's baby as his own.

• Members

2 words

moRon Carlivati!  You shouldn't be surprised.  In a year, look at what he's done to the black characters - gradually removed them from any integral part of the canvas.  Didn't need the baby because he's not going to write for the parents, so why not kill it, show the Hortons coming together and then move on.  

Archived