Days: June 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did they bring Theresa back just so she can whine and cry in every scene? I'm very over this return. I'm glad she's interacting with JJ though.

Why is the the guy who works at the pub not being brought up? He can corroborate Sonny's story that he met Leo on a dating app.

• Members

I also liked Theresa and JJ's scenes today. I wonder where this storyline with her moving in with him is going. And good point about the bartender  being brought in as a witness in Sonny's defense. Maybe they won't think to mention that though. Or maybe it will be  brought up but Kate will pay him off to lie. I do wonder if Leo will get away with these false accusations against Sonny. And the attorney Kate hired was really sleazy and acted like he wanted to make a move on Kate.

• Members

Slowly catching up. Can't say I'm LOVING the show but I'm not hating it. I'm sort of indifferent to most of it. Not a bad thing I suppose. But I'd love to be glued to my screen and desperate to get home and watch, but I guess those DAYS are gone.

I'm going to jump around, and I'm talking about Wed-Fri's episodes.

I loved seeing Laura on Wednesday. Shame it was just one episode.

LOL at Gabi having the worst luck. I imagine Diane stabbed herself to set Gabi up, but who knows?

Xander's fun. Glad he's around. Never thought I'd say that! lol

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Will and Paul. So much. I could gush all day like a pathetic fanboy. I enjoyed them actually talking things out. It's obviously going to go bad for them at some point. I feel like the anvils were falling. But I just love them together.

I like the potential conflict between Marlena and Hope over Ben. I just loved Ben and Marlena's scenes. I have to admit I think RSW was pretty good. But the whole Claire/Tripp, Ciara/Ben thing is going a lightning speed. Lawd. I was pretty much nodding in agreement the entire time Claire was talking badly about herself. Yes, you are a selfish bitch and a terrible person. Why is Shawn and Belle's child so horrid? I literally cringed seeing her come back Friday. I used to like her way back when. I dunno what the hell happened.

I kind of like Chloe and Eve's friendship. I loved them blowing selfish bitch Theresa out of the water. I didn't mind that happening so quickly. I can't stand Theresa (I loved when she was coked up and in JJ's orbit) so it was great seeing her exposed.

Enjoyed Nikolas Stefan and Katherine Kayla.

So many individual scenes are better than the overall show. Not the worst thing I guess. I feel a bit more balance at the moment.

Deidre Hall's airtime sure has gone up and I love it.

The show's not great but I guess I'm enjoying it more than I realized. It still has a lot of issues but it at least feels like things are moving and happening. But we'll see if the momentum can keep going. It usually doesn't (no matter who's writing). I'm sure we'll get some dreck.

• Members

I think the reason the individual scenes work is due to the script writers and not anything that the head writer does (other then maybe proofing the scripts, etc).

I'm glad the show is starting to again utilize Marlena's profession since the character is always at her best when she's in a therapist mode... plus, you can generate quite a bit of story just from her job (without her constantly getting held hostage by Stefano, etc... or her dysfunctional love story with John).

Chloe seems to work better as a supporting character than a lead character, imho.  It is a shame that the show films so far in advance and she had to go on maternity leave.. because she and the actor that played Stefan actually had chemistry.. and having them get together would have been interesting due to the history between Chloe/Vivian.. (a shame Vivian didn't bring up Kate's wicked stepmother act with trying to poison something to give to Chloe)

• Members

Claire is so funny. She literally jumped on Trey like a predator, the poor boy didn't know what to do! Xander has been shirtless in so many scenes, even going for a run

Please register in order to view this content

Poor Paul getting upset about the possibility of Will getting his memory back.

Instead of making goofy faces Will should've shown rage towards Ben. He was way too passive towards the man who killed him. Chad doing all the talking didn't help. Will & Ben's scenes could've been powerful.  Will's ugly room doesn't  help either.

• Members

He's such a goofball. One of my favourite scenes since watching Days is the attempt to re-enact his murder.

You have to hand it to the writers, over 6 months and he's still not got his memory back. If this was a UK soap, he'd have his memory back after about 3 weeks.

I literally couldn't care less about Lani or Eli. They are the worst characters in the show by far.

• Members

I swear some of the scriptwriters got me through Higley and Tomsell. Some of them care and it shows. I miss Melissa Salmons.

I've had my fill of Chloe as a lead (like Nicole and Jennifer, she was tainted terribly by Daniel and piss-poor writing so supporting is good, I'm starting to like her and care about her again, I thought Nadia did well with the rushed Mateo crap, all things considered) so I'm good with her supporting right now. I agree on her and Stefan. But the Abby mess and Stefan in love with an alter puts the damper on him for me. lol. It's a shame they kind of wasted him as Chabby angst. Unless we're in for a triangle still. I imagine Abby gets knocked up, no?

Marlena's very much in character and I love it. It's nice to have writers who respect her and the place Marlena should have on the canvas. Higley and Tomsell seemed to detest writing for her and John. They were either written terribly (John) or off-screen (John and Marlena would alternate being out of town). It was awful. John and Marlena are supporting in the way they should be at this point. (Though I think John needs to interact more with his dumb dumb son Brady. Victor's influence has been so toxic. I also feel cold when Marlena and Brady interact. I want more warmth from them together.)

I hope we get to see more of Greg Vaughan and Eric soon. His lack of airtime sucks (at least for me it does, lol). I guess he will come October (and I hope he's involved in the Marlena stuff that's happening in the fall)

Kind of a random thought but what the hell happened to Roman and Anna? There was a spoiler like two months ago they got engaged but their scenes were cut and Roman was off-screen for two months. Wonder what happened there? I feel like there was a bit of a mish-mash of ideas and change of plans with the Andre/Vivian deaths and Anna's place in it all. It was all so weird.

Archived