Sign in to follow this  
Sindacco

DAYS recasting popular character with Y&R actress

13 hours ago, Antoyne said:

Could not agree more. If you can’t get Eileen, tell another damn story. Sheesh.

YEP!

Bring Orpheus back from the dead again. He has two kids. Bring those on (should have been Rex and Cassie back in 2002).

1 hour ago, dragonflies said:

About SN, I read ReRon wants him out, wouldn't surprise me if it's true

How is that Ron's call though? And why?

I can understand Ron not wanting to write for Steve but it was a matter of negotiations, it's not like they fired Stephen Nichols. They lowballed Nichols and he didn't want a pitiful guarantee, some of the same reasons Reckell walked when he did. MBE accepted whatever pitiful guarantee they offered her.

As a blind man, they left very little for Steve/Steve to do.  He would only be on serving as the blind wise man. 

Nichols needs to be back on YR so Devon can have his father by his side, and no, not Neil!  

"No" to Stephen Nichols returning to Y&R, or GH for that matter.  If he sticks around in daytime, then let him be wasted on B&B.

37 minutes ago, Khan said:

"No" to Stephen Nichols returning to Y&R, or GH for that matter.  If he sticks around in daytime, then let him be wasted on B&B.

Agreed. He can stay away Y&R. GH is far too bloated as it is but that hasn't stopped them before but I doubt they have any interest.

DAYS is where he belongs. I understand and appreciate how he wants more to do but at this point, if you want to be on the show, take the deal, wait it out and you'll get something better later. But I get it. He likely, like Reckell, doesn't feel valued. But many vets have 'sucked it up' and taken a lesser guarantee. But I respect him for walking away as much as I wish he'd just take a new deal.

Truth be told, as much as I loved Steve and Kayla BITD, I would rather they ride off into the sunset together.  The '80's super couples just aren't as effective on the DAYS of today.

Stephen Nichols never worked on Y&R.

I love Patch and I think DAYS is less without him and Kayla. I think they still have value to offer. But most recent regimes never seem to know how to write for them. That said, I agree with KMan.

Edited by Vee

1 minute ago, Vee said:

Stephen Nichols never worked on Y&R.

I love Patch and I think DAYS is less without him and Kayla. I think they still have value to offer. But most recent regimes never seem to know how to write for them. That said, I agree with KMan.

Are you joking?  SN played Kay's son, Devon's father.   

1 minute ago, Vee said:

But most recent regimes never seem to know how to write for them.

That's because 1) it's not 1988 anymore and 2) the kind of stories where they worked the most are both expensive to produce and completely out of favor with today's demographics.

Just now, ChitHappens said:

Are you joking?  SN played Kay's son, Devon's father.   

But that doesn't mean he fit in on Y&R's canvas.  I mean, Steve Burton's character was turned into Paul and Nikki's son, but neither that plot twist nor Dylan in general made any sort of real impression on the show.  Dylan's been virtually erased from Y&R's memory, yet he isn't missed at all.  That says something.

8 minutes ago, Khan said:

That's because 1) it's not 1988 anymore and 2) the kind of stories where they worked the most are both expensive to produce and completely out of favor with today's demographics.

But that doesn't mean he fit in on Y&R's canvas.  I mean, Steve Burton's character was turned into Paul and Nikki's son, but neither that plot twist nor Dylan in general made any sort of real impression on the show.  Dylan's been virtually erased from Y&R's memory, yet he isn't missed at all.  That says something.

I was simply replying to the "SN never worked on YR" but I think if the role is good, they fit.  He had potential on YR and I liked the character and had high hopes for Tucker and Devon.  

28 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

I was simply replying to the "SN never worked on YR"

Oops!  I didn't read that exchange close enough!  Sorry, Chit! :)

I say Eileen or nothing.

As for SN, other than whoever was writing around Ava's first run and Griffith I think I don't think any of the writer regimes know what to do with Patch and Kayla. Which is sad cuz I like them. Heck, there is so much to write for them now IMHO. They should not have completely healed the rift they had over the Tripp/Joey drama for example. Start organic from there and see where it goes. 

That was Higley

57 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

I say Eileen or nothing.

As for SN, other than whoever was writing around Ava's first run and Griffith I think I don't think any of the writer regimes know what to do with Patch and Kayla. Which is sad cuz I like them. Heck, there is so much to write for them now IMHO. They should not have completely healed the rift they had over the Tripp/Joey drama for example. Start organic from there and see where it goes.