Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sindacco

DAYS recasting popular character with Y&R actress

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

She appeared today Sudsy. I thought she was good.  

 

Ah thanks...I am a couple of episodes behind. It looks like she is copying Eileen's work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Khan said:

I still cannot believe that a woman like Susan gave birth to a man like EJ.

 

Except that Susan does have the ability to look like Kristen - and Kristen DEFINITELY could've given birth to a stud. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not totally unimpressed, but she is playing a toned down Susan. Her voice isn't all there... she just sounds extra Southern-fried instead of fried. ED played her like a hideous mutant, but SH is going for nutty/quirky? I dunno... I'm not totally unimpressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, KMan101 said:

 

Well, I'm trying ;) lol. I'm still annoyed beyond belief but it just is what it is at this point so I'm trying to have the perspective of "she's a stand-in" who will likely do a passable job. I had to LOL at the other board wanting a tale of two Kristen's. God no.

 

I think the show, and SH, know what it means to be taking over this role. It's a big deal. She apparently did her research, the cast and crew helped, she was given tapes. I'm not saying she's doing an "impersonation" but you could almost look at like that, she's a "fill in". Like a temporary recast. Again, just how I'm trying to look at it.

 

I was more pissed she "couldn't" do it more than I was that she was recast. I wonder if that played a role in her finally saying DEUCES BITCHES to Y&R. I'm glad she hopefully realized they were wasting her. DAYS has always valued her more but Y&R has always been her "home".

Lol. I understand. It is good to see that so far, so good going by the DAYS episode thread.

 

That's good to hear. However, it will all depend on how SH does Kristen I suspect.

 

Agree with the last paragraphe completely. DAYS always has valued her better even though I love Eileen as Ashley.

20 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

I know..........

 

iiJamesScott_DaysOfOurLives_20110512_001

WOOF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

Lol. I understand. It is good to see that so far, so good going by the DAYS episode thread.

 

That's good to hear. However, it will all depend on how SH does Kristen I suspect.

 

Agree with the last paragraphe completely. DAYS always has valued her better even though I love Eileen as Ashley.

 

Well, SH is doing pretty good! IMHO. It's really a fairly seamless change to me. I'm not even picturing how Eileen would do it. Like I still do with certain recasts like Amelia Heinle and Marci Miller. I think she works much better as Susan simply because she can wear the wig, the teeth and truly get into character. I'm more concerned with her as Kristen. Not that I think she'll do a bad job, I just think Eileen IS Kristen. Not that she wasn't Susan. I'm having a hard time explaining it but I just see Eileen more as Kristen and I'm more OK with Susan being played by SH. But we'll see. So far she's only Susan. I'm a little more nervous seeing her as Kristen. I think I'll have a little bit harder of a time, but we'll see. SH seems to be fairly accepted as Susan so far.

 

 

But Kristen is definitely coming and things get nuts

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

Well, SH is doing pretty good! IMHO. It's really a fairly seamless change to me. I'm not even picturing how Eileen would do it. Like I still do with certain recasts like Amelia Heinle and Marci Miller. I think she works much better as Susan simply because she can wear the wig, the teeth and truly get into character. I'm more concerned with her as Kristen. Not that I think she'll do a bad job, I just think Eileen IS Kristen. Not that she wasn't Susan. I'm having a hard time explaining it but I just see Eileen more as Kristen and I'm more OK with Susan being played by SH. But we'll see. So far she's only Susan

 

 

  Hide contents

 

But Kristen is definitely coming and things get nuts

 

 

EXACTLY!!!! It's not even the first time that Susan has been played by a different actress so most people aren't not bugged.

 

It will be that hidden info that will be the real factor. And it is brief, but at least SH looked the part in the promo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

EXACTLY!!!! It's not even the first time that Susan has been played by a different actress so most people aren't not bugged.

 

It will be that hidden info that will be the real factor. And it is brief, but at least SH looked the part in the promo.

 

 

She does look the part. I'm trying to be optimistic she'll surprise me. I just see Eileen as Kristen so it's going to probably be hard. But who knows? LOL. But overall, IF Kristen and Susan had to be recast (which obviously she had to be), I'll say that Stacy Haiduk turned out to be an excellent choice. She deserved better honestly than Crazy Patty on Y&R. I did have a brief flash of her and the stuffed cat when Susan was petting the Marlena Barbie today. LOL. Our soaps are so nuts. I sometimes wish they weren't because it can be embarrassing, but at the same time, I love that they're wacky.

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

She does look the part. I'm trying to be optimistic she'll surprise me. I just see Eileen as Kristen so it's going to probably be hard. But who knows? LOL. But overall, IF Kristen and Susan had to be recast (which obviously she had to be), I'll say that Stacy Haiduk turned out to be an excellent choice. She deserved better honestly than Crazy Patty on Y&R. I did have a brief flash of her and the stuffed cat when Susan was petting the Marlena Barbie today. LOL. Our soaps are so nuts. I sometimes wish they weren't because it can be embarrassing, but at the same time, I love that they're wacky.

I have faith. SH did Mary Jane with layers and well with hints of crazy before she went off the rails. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

I have faith. SH did Mary Jane with layers and well with hints of crazy before she went off the rails. 

 

That's true. It's easy to forget. She's so much more associated with "Crazy Patty". I have no doubts she can "handle" Kristen. I just don't know how I'll accept her as Kristen, if that makes any sense lol. But I'm here for her Susan. So far so good.

 

I really wouldn't hate having SH stay as Susan and ED take back Kristen someday. ED does get exhausted playing both. But they're "hers". So I wonder how it'd work out. Eileen was very classy supporting Stacy so it probably wouldn't be a problem. Who knows? Probably won't happen. But, it's DAYS and it's Ron.

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...