Sign in to follow this  
Sindacco

DAYS recasting popular character with Y&R actress

11 hours ago, Vee said:

Higley was obsessed with Ava.

She sure was.

12 hours ago, dc11786 said:

Ava was introduced in 2008 during the Writer's Strike, which is generally accepted as Dena Higley's work.

When Ava returned in 2015, it was Higley and Griffith. If the writers were penning separate stories, then it would seem Higley was writing the Ava material. Ava's story dried up immediately when Higley left in February/March 2016 with Ava dying and her secret son being abandoned. Even the Joey / Ava angle was abandoned even though it was leverage that Jade had over the Johnson clan. When Higley returned, Joey's role in Ava's murder played a bit more of a role and Ava's son was revisited.  

Yep. Higley was all about Ava.

I hope it's just light fluff work for a limited time. ED's getup as Susan was always comical but we're used to it. Seeing someone else in the outfit looks like kids putting on a play, or one of Fran Fine's relatives on The Nanny. 

Does she have Susan's busted up teeth or does Eileen still hold onto them for memento? 

1 hour ago, ChitHappens said:

Nothing but class!  

Very very classy.

Seems the whole show has supported SH (and she watched Eileen as those characters so instead of taking the role and making it her own, she's basically doing her best Eileen). I'm basically, and it seems the show, is viewing her as a passable stand-in because Eileen wasn't available. 

I know many are so upset over this, and I was initially too, but it's for a story. SH isn't going to be playing these roles now and forever.

On 8/17/2018 at 3:20 PM, John said:

well they look similar

She looks fine as Susan. I personally think it was smarter to seemingly use her more as Susan (or Kristen-as-Susan?). More fitting.

I adore Eileen and her as Kristen and Susan is what got me absolutely hooked on DAYS (that and Sami when I liked her as an insecure girl who acted like a total bitch) but people are acting as if Stacy Haiduk will forever be playing these roles now. I very much doubt that. Eileen will forever be who they want. That's why I'm no longer bothered by the recast. Is what it is. Now that Eileen ran screaming from Y&R she can make time for DAYS. If she were still trapped on Y&R, I'd be as upset as everyone else seems to be.

Edited by KMan101

7 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I adore Eileen and her as Kristen and Susan is what got me absolutely hooked on DAYS (that and Sami when I liked her as an insecure girl who acted like a total bitch) but people are acting as if Stacy Haiduk will forever be playing these roles now. I very much doubt that. Eileen will forever be who they want. That's why I'm no longer bothered by the recast. Is what it is. Now that Eileen ran screaming from Y&R she can make time for DAYS. If she were still trapped on Y&R, I'd be as upset as everyone else seems to be.

Given that Eileen has never seemed happy about returning to DAYS I wonder if she is secretly hoping Stacy will get a positive response and she won't have to ever go back.

2 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Given that Eileen has never seemed happy about returning to DAYS I wonder if she is secretly hoping Stacy will get a positive response and she won't have to ever go back.

I think the horrible hours are what turn her off, yet DAYS values her way more than Y & R ever will.  

8 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Eileen NEVER has to go back if she doesn't want to. I think she was just being gracious and professional. 

4 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

Eileen NEVER has to go back if she doesn't want to. I think she was just being gracious and professional. 

I think she may have had to when she was under contract for Sony through Y&R, but I agree, she doesn't have to now. 

Days' schedule of taping 110 years in advance might be fascinating to anthropologists, but if it's actually turning off important actors from returning, something should have been done by now.

12 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

I think the horrible hours are what turn her off, yet DAYS values her way more than Y & R ever will.  

She likely wouldn't ever be on contract with DAYS but I can see her doing guest stints. She's very supportive of the show. She just gets exhausted playing the characters. But who knows? Maybe she's done with soaps for awhile? I wouldn't blame her.

10 hours ago, KMan101 said:

Very very classy.

Seems the whole show has supported SH (and she watched Eileen as those characters so instead of taking the role and making it her own, she's basically doing her best Eileen). I'm basically, and it seems the show, is viewing her as a passable stand-in because Eileen wasn't available. 

I know many are so upset over this, and I was initially too, but it's for a story. SH isn't going to be playing these roles now and forever.

She looks fine as Susan. I personally think it was smarter to seemingly use her more as Susan (or Kristen-as-Susan?). More fitting.

I like your prespective on it. 

I love even more that SH...knowing the position that she is in...went and did the  research. Good call.

12 hours ago, Taoboi said:

I like your prespective on it. 

I love even more that SH...knowing the position that she is in...went and did the  research. Good call.

Well, I'm trying ;) lol. I'm still annoyed beyond belief but it just is what it is at this point so I'm trying to have the perspective of "she's a stand-in" who will likely do a passable job. I had to LOL at the other board wanting a tale of two Kristen's. God no.

I think the show, and SH, know what it means to be taking over this role. It's a big deal. She apparently did her research, the cast and crew helped, she was given tapes. I'm not saying she's doing an "impersonation" but you could almost look at like that, she's a "fill in". Like a temporary recast. Again, just how I'm trying to look at it.

I was more pissed she "couldn't" do it more than I was that she was recast. I wonder if that played a role in her finally saying DEUCES BITCHES to Y&R. I'm glad she hopefully realized they were wasting her. DAYS has always valued her more but Y&R has always been her "home".