Y&R February 2018 Discussion

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For me, what’s happening with Victoria is nothing short of miraculous. I’m beginning to love to hate her instead of wanting her off my screen or dreaming of having Heather Tom back.

The way the chess pieces are being put in place could drive story for a while if, and that’s a big if, MY can have some patience and let things play out for a bit.

• Members

Apropos nothing... I happened to be flipping through an old SOD from 1997 the other day and forgot that Sarah Aldrich played Victoria for half a year. Thirteen years of Heather Tom and 2018 marks Amelia Heinle's thirteenth year in the role. Time flies.

• Members

Indeed. I remember those scenes back in the day when Victoria lost her virginity to Ryan and how painful it was for her. Would have loved to see the continuity with HT bringing all that history with her, but AH is finally (after 13 years) settling in.

I miss Jess Walton, and Jill has many connections on today’s canvas (especially Billy, Jack and the Abbotts), but the characters who had the most enjoyable and complex relationships with her (Katherine, John, Mamie, Nina, Phillip, Mac) are all long gone, and she’d become so marginalized in the past 15 years and lately had become sort of a Maggie Horton to Cane’s Daniel. It’s just hard for me to get super excited to see her back full-time, even though she was one of the reasons I loved Y&R in the first place.

If JT sticks around, a Mac recast is probably inevitable, so it could be interesting to bring back Jill should they ever explore Billy/Mac again.

• Members

Today was a buzzworthy day. I buzzed through 85% of the show on FF, aside from a few Hillary, Nikki/Victor, Devon scenes. Why is JT no longer a heroic character, but now a douche-y control freak? I know he was dick-ish when he was young, but the character had evolved from that. Why must Snortoria be on every day? Watching Chelsea spin blame to Jordan zzzzzzzzzzzzzz and Cane/Lily's vow renewal... zzzzzzzzz. Pretty "LAME" episode in my book.

I don't care much about any of the four couples MY feels the need to showcase. (Billy/Phyllis, Nick/Chelsea, Lily/Cane, Victoria/ JT). 

• Members

I am just so pleased at Sharon's (aka Gina Roma) lack of presence in this story that technically she should be driving given its outcome, but it looks like Phyllis will ONCE AGAIN solve another Nick "paternity" issue.  She is 3 for 4!

Archived