February 1, 20188 yr Member I only watch part time but - is it just me or my imagination but - so many of the men on this show are such douchebags...there's hardly a male character that is even likeable to me. Ravi maybe...maybe J.T but he's with Victoria so I don't care....but the other day I was watching....Devon suddenly ordering everyone around and being a douche. Jack, douche. Victor, pretty much always has been. Paul is miserable. Billy - douche. Noah with the whining over Tessa and 'the kiss'....douche worthy. Michael "Summer's Eve" Baldwin... The men are so unlikeable to me.... Edited February 1, 20188 yr by Fevuh
February 1, 20188 yr Member Lawd the Lily/Cane Paris lovefest is puke worthy boring. Who cares about these two...lets move on to better stories. Edited February 1, 20188 yr by Soapsuds
February 1, 20188 yr Member 24 minutes ago, Soapsuds said: Lawd the Lily/Cane Paris lovefest is puke worthy boring. Who cares about these two...lets move on to better stories. Right? I wasn't really hungry for lunch but ate something anyway because I had to put something on my stomach to keep down what was trying to come up.
February 1, 20188 yr Member Do Cane and Lily have that many fans? I frankly don't wanna see his flat ass or hear him whispering in every scene. Seriously! Does Daniel Goddard think that whispering is some brilliant acting device? Does he think it's sexy? This all seems so forced. I'm starting to lose interest in the show, which means at this point, I will have no soap to watch. As soap opera diehard, this breaks my heart.
February 1, 20188 yr Member I was watching on and off today, but the Phyllis/JT scenes struck me as odd. Were they friends the last time JT was on-screen? Phyllis dispensing advice on how to raise up children?!?!?
February 1, 20188 yr Member 24 minutes ago, SteelCity said: Do Cane and Lily have that many fans? I frankly don't wanna see his flat ass or hear him whispering in every scene. Seriously! Does Daniel Goddard think that whispering is some brilliant acting device? Does he think it's sexy? This all seems so forced. I'm starting to lose interest in the show, which means at this point, I will have no soap to watch. As soap opera diehard, this breaks my heart. I'm thinking that Y&R conflates how loud/crazy they are with how many there are. There always seems to be a very loud but surprisingly modest number of these fans. If you drop by social media and look at one of their hashtags, it appears seems to be the same small circle that constantly badger certain key Y&R personnel over air time and storylines.
February 1, 20188 yr Member Just now, DramatistDreamer said: I'm thinking that Y&R conflates how loud/crazy they are with how many there are. There always seems to be a very loud but surprisingly modest number of these fans. If you drop by social media and look at one of their hashtags, it appears seems to be the same small circle that constantly badger certain key Y&R personnel over air time and storylines. Same with the Michael Muhney crazies. Thankfully they are ignored.
February 1, 20188 yr Member 42 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said: I'm thinking that Y&R conflates how loud/crazy they are with how many there are. There always seems to be a very loud but surprisingly modest number of these fans. If you drop by social media and look at one of their hashtags, it appears seems to be the same small circle that constantly badger certain key Y&R personnel over air time and storylines. FB responses under posts on the main Y&R page is mostly negative about them. Which was surprising to me since they've given them EVERYTHING during this reunion. But, there is only minimal support to show for it.
February 1, 20188 yr Member Mal Young REALLY needs a head writer. Either that, or he needs a producer. Either way, something needs to line the direction of this show up. I feel like I can see what he wants, but it's like he can't translate it.
February 1, 20188 yr Member 1 hour ago, Faulkner said: Same with the Michael Muhney crazies. Thankfully they are ignored. And the Phyllis/anti-Sharon fans.
February 1, 20188 yr Member 32 minutes ago, SteelCity said: Mal Young REALLY needs a head writer. Either that, or he needs a producer. Either way, something needs to line the direction of this show up. I feel like I can see what he wants, but it's like he can't translate it. I know what you mean. What would normally be written as a synopsis is like a full-length script for Mal-- he just powers through some of these stories, details be damned!
February 1, 20188 yr Member 45 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said: FB responses under posts on the main Y&R page is mostly negative about them. Which was surprising to me since they've given them EVERYTHING during this reunion. But, there is only minimal support to show for it. Sometimes I want to giggle but then I think about how likely it is that catering to fanbase wars is what has been ruining the show for years. Lately, I've been reading complaints about how Lily should just get over her feelings and love and take care of the kid. I'm guessing those folks long for the days when she did nothing but walk around wearing a garter, and undies and had couch sex with Cane. That's not a sustainable story. These are also the first folks to whine about how Lane has nothing to do. Sunshine and rainbows will only take a character so far.
February 1, 20188 yr Member 3 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said: Sometimes I want to giggle but then I think about how likely it is that catering to fanbase wars is what has been ruining the show for years. Lately, I've been reading complaints about how Lily should just get over her feelings and love and take care of the kid. I'm guessing those folks long for the days when she did nothing but walk around wearing a garter, and undies and had couch sex with Cane. That's not a sustainable story. These are also the first folks to whine about how Lane has nothing to do. Sunshine and rainbows will only take a character so far. I can't fault viewers for following the thread the show weaves. The writing is telling us that lily should love sam and put her family back together. Edited February 2, 20188 yr by ajsp35801
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.