Y&R February 2018 Discussion

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He is dumb as dirt.  He is not Victor or Nikki's son.  Nick has been a joke for many years now and it's never going to change until the writers decide to make Nick interesting by recasting the role and make him the heir apparent over Victoria.

It would be worse. It could be Tessa walking in and giving advice.

Please register in order to view this content

I haven't been interested in Billy since David Tom played way back.

• Members

+1000 

ICAM with all of this, particularly the part in bold.  Hils was written HORRIBLY today.  Watching those TOT scenes was painful, to say the least.  CG/Mariah worked as a smart ass, not Cassie 2.0, Tessa is a heaving waste of space, so the only way to make it interesting (in the writer's minds?) is to throw Hils into the mix.  It sucks.  I hate it. 

The only bright spot during that whole thing was RA/Noah.  I never thought I'd say this, but I liked him being the azzhole.  He sold it.  But....Tessa?!?!  She really tried to get the stick again?!?  huh?

Please register in order to view this content

I was thinking the same exact thing.  LMAO 

• Members

Y'all do realize that the annoying fandoms on social media are running the show, right?

They badger, whine and crowd the social media accounts of the show's staff (they'd give the Russian bots a run for their money!) until the writers either cave in to their demands or try to split the difference with some weak compromised writing.

Before social media, it was e-mails and before e-mails it was phone calls and letter writing campaigns.

Almost none of the  post-Bell Sr. writing regimes have had the confidence to tell these groups to STFU because they know what they're doing-- probably because they don't know what they're doing.

I'm at the point where I can't even get worked up over crazy, inconsistent writing and character propping--it's a waste of my energy because it won't change anyway.

Yes, in my mind, I imagine how differently I'd write certain characters and storylines but that's about it. I can't get worked up about it anymore because I realize that it is what it is now.

• Members

Yes! I actually found Noah interesting as the jackazz. If the show was smart, they'd continue with that and make him and Devon rivals. Have one a half drunk  jerk, the other an arrogant, self righteous know it all.  That's where the story could be. Cause they've twisted the female side so to the point that it's broken and unsalvagable. Plus, it'd take the heat off of Hilary...somewhat. they won't have to rely solely on her to be the antagonist.  I don't have any hope that she'd ever fully be relieved of the burden of making Mariah interesting and rootable though. (please, no one tell me  that Mariah doesn't need Hilary because the show thinks she does. They either find Mariah totally boring themselves or don't trust CG to pull it off on her own). 

Hilary snapping her finger at Tessa ordering her to bring her tea...can you believe that? 

• Members

That would be something worth watching.  It definitely could work because at this point, both Noah and Devon are (mostly) blank slates, there's been no real investment into either character to show us who they are.  I like it.  

Originally, CG was a snarky bitch and it worked for the most part.  TPTB decided they wanted to make her the heroine...so there ya go.  CG even said at the time that she liked Mariah way better than Cassie. 

• Members

^ Well, I think your idea to kill Tessa is spot on.  Messa finally fall in love. Then let the tragedy begin. Then find a new woman for Mariah.  This approach has it's problems, I guess, but I don't believe they can make this couple work long term.  Then again, I felt that way about Kevin and all of his relationships and they managed to drag those out forever.

• Members

^^^Tessa and Mariah will play for at least another 2 years at least.  They've moved the chess pieces around to push and center them in an orbit of young characters in a self contained story. Tessa isn't going anywhere unless Mal young is fired. That's my prediction. Lol 

Archived