GH January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Det Woodpile's hitting the bricks?

Wonder what went down with Genie? Until the Mayor stuff seemed to change overnight I assumed Finola was out. They clearly have nothing left to give Anna at this point with her mooning over Doggy Daddy.

Although I didn't expect Laura to become Mayor. I expected Ned to win. There'd be no story if Laura won. Maybe Genie learned Laura wouldn't win and walked out?

• Members

She apparently got unceremoniously dumped to recurring. Disgraceful but not shocking, since I'd heard Genie demanded and got a contract commitment in 2015 or whenever it was that she first came back full time, which I'm sure Frank only did grudgingly. (It's also why she allegedly left in 2013 - they tried to put her on recurring.) All her meager 'story' has been grudging ever since IMO, including the bizarre relationship with Kevin - while Genie may like it there's very little 'there' there to me, and it's obvious they only put them together because she insisted on a romance and Jon Lindstrom is recurring and cheap. (Also, as a Dark Shadows fan Laura officially announcing she has become "Laura Collins" trips me out.)

I think this will blow up and they've bitten off more than they can chew this time, given the moment in our culture with women in the industry. But I've been wrong before.

Archived