GH January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Sorry to any Maura West fans to begin with.

But I read (as I haven't watched GH since 2013!) that freaking AVA had a standalone episode recently. But LAURA, a character with ACTUAL HISTORY gets booted?!

Roger Howarth, Michelle Stafford, and Maura West are big soap names - but their characters are a drop in the bucket. ESPECIALLY Howarth's, a serial killer/rapist. One of THEM should have gone before friggin' Genie Francis.

Just shows me I made the right decision to quit after Scrubs (Patrick and Robin) left the show.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This tweet by Robin Strasser (Dorian, OLTL) got over 1.2 K Likes.  Bravo Robin!

Bad Decision in High Places! is a fixture in our hearts-We of a certain age, remember exactly where we were for 's marriage:) ( actors stood watching in the make-up room...Cheering for the "I DO"s:) When speaks out-it gets heard!

• Members

I agree it was odd Ava got a stand-alone episode, but for me, I like Maura and Ava and have no problem with her place on the canvas. Frank probably wanted to dump her at some point anyway, and he'd probably let her walk like he did (or seemed willing to) other GH stars, but he seems to bend over backwards to keep Easton and deVry. Look at Rebecca Budig. Why was she axed and not Easton?

Also funny how they make a big spectacle of bringing Burton back but it's now really all about Drew. Everyone's concerned about him, but what about Jason, who lost five years of his life, comes back to another man playing daddy to his kids, the woman he loved married (and staying with, for now of course) to another man and doesn't seem to care that Jason is back ...

Why is he able to pay for James Patrick Stuart and Michelle Stafford? Nina's a total waste, dump Stafford and pay for Genie. But it shows Frank's agenda.

• Members

I love Maura.  She's a great actress and a seems like a truly nice lady.  My problem is Maura doesn't deserve this and Ava's SL does not warrant it.  It was Frank and Emmy bait to a pet.  

If Frank gave a damn about characters he inherited, Liz's rapist getting out of jail would have been the perfect opp for a one character focused eppy.  But Frank gave that POV to no talent Howarth.  Liz was ok with her rapist out of jail and working at the hospital?  That's insane and completely warrants the #FireFrank campaign!  He's poison!  

• Members

I watched Liz's rape when it first happened 20 (!!!!!) years ago. What a letdown...and in the light of the #MeToo movement, it also shows how completely out of touch Valentini really is. He's doing a major disservice to real-life rape victims. I wonder how Becky Herbst feels about all this, but she's the type who seems like she doesn't want to rock the boat. Plus, she has kids and I'm sure she wouldn't want to endanger her job. What a mess. 😠😠😠😠😠

• Members

Kin giving his support to Genie.

Please register in order to view this content

U have always had my support and hope for more Laura Scotty scenes.

• Members

About James Patrick Stuart, I doubt he is paid much - because he is still recurring/not on contract, or so I have read and was told.

But Michelle Stafford can go buh bye anytime now.

I see #FireFrank all over Twitter and LOTS really do seem P-EYE-Double S-E-D about this. I wonder if anything will come of this. Honestly, I doubt it. I think ABC sees GH as a placeholder at this point. Sad, but there you go.

• Members

I really like James Patrick Stuart as well, and I think he kind of folds into the cast more than a lot of the others. My issue with Nina is more to do with never liking Stafford too much.

Ava just gets way too much focus and I find that strange inflection that Maura West uses with the character really strange.

Archived