GH January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On the Genie front, any news? Ever since the announcement, Valentini has been skewered daily (and rightfully so) on Twitter and Facebook. Some of those comments are right on the money.

Hasn't she been talking about writing her autobiography for several years now? Maybe this would be the time to do so.

Again, such a shame. Genie should be to GH what Susan Lucci and Erika Slezak were to AMC and OLTL, respectively. 

• Members

So, a couple of welcome backs.

THIS IS HOW LUCAS SHOULD BE USED ALL OF THE TIME.

Not only is Ryan Carnes attractive, but he brings some much needed life into medical scenes. He works well as a unit with JZ and LW  No offense, but both Griffin and Finn  and any day-player doctors are just sort of blah.

Also, welcome back to Asian Nurse---the one that appears on all four shows was running down the hall after Amy. By the way, where is Amy's hot brother. Is his story done?

I found this line weird, though..  "Nathan, this is Lucas Jones"  Why should Maxie's cousin use his full name while Nathan is looking right at him? I could swear they have been at at least one wedding together by this time.

This adoption story had better not lead to any convoluted  annoying baby story with Maxie and/or Nelle's baby. There should be no baby switch/adoption/anything for Maxie because this was done before and was overdone---just no.

Alexis doesn't really need to walk around propping Finn every day now, does she? zzzzzzzz

Peter is obviously Heinrich. I hope Frank didn't pull a Weinstein on Wes when hiring him. LW would NOT have that  LOL. Seeing many of his male castings since OLTL, it makes one wonder how many of them got their jobs...

• Members

+1

I bet Frank is absolutely hoping it blows over. And agreed. It won't.

Especially with Frank keeping Roger Howarth, William deVry, Michael Easton, Billy Miller, bringing back Steve Burton and just recently re-signing Maurice Benard. (All of these men signed new contracts in the recent months, IIRC. and deVry was even gone and then re-signed! Howarth was off-screen too)

Yet Rebecca Budig and Genie Francis are shown the door. Not to mention the times they tried to get rid of Rebecca Herbst.

If not for Frank's brilliant pairing (I'm being sarcastic) of Finn and Anna, Finola's days felt numbered.

We all blame Frank, and he deserves the most blame, but let's not forget that idiot Nathan Varni who really doesn't have a clue.

• Members

I am not entirely convinced that it's gender that enables a writer or a producer to deliver heartfelt stories to viewers.  I think it takes two elements.  First, giving a writer as much creative freedom as possible combined with listening to what viewers really want.  I think the current regime, as well as the one before it both had the problem of pushing their own agenda on viewers.  To cite an example from GH's early days where the early regime listened, Audrey's older sister Lucille had a romance with Al Weeks in the early 70s.  They were an older couple, but viewers really wanted to see spinster Lucille finally have a wedding, and I believe one of the kind readers on this site provided the picture of those two characters on their wedding day for other readers to see.  Even if it is hard to please today's viewer, it would be so worth it to try!

• Members

And ratings wise, the most successful time in GH history was Gloria Monty as EP.  I think those women (Wendy & Gloria) knew what women looked for in storylines.  Frank (and other men) give us storylines that men are interested in.  I wanted romance, friendship, family and love in the afternoon.  Current GH gives me none of that.  It's so beyond time for a new approach.  I really hope ABC listens this time but I won't hold my breath.

• Members

Faison should be quickly killed. That won’t happen, because we need more proof that Frank ruined this show. Jason and Anna will both walk away from chances to kill him.

These constant returns of villains are proof this show is a nightmare. It is not dramatic or entertaining or interesting to watch Faison again wreck someone’s life. The man should have been tortured to death many returns ago.

• Members

He absolutely needs someone with true power to keep him from his worst instincts.  

When he first arrived as HW on GH the show still had the elevation of the Labine team but he added a sense of danger and mystery.  The Damian Smith murder storyline, Sonny/Brenda/Jax, Jason turning away from the Q’s, the return of the Cassadines and Nikolas’s arrival.  That was a fantastic run of stories.  It continued when he came back the first time.  But when Riche was spread too thin the show did suffer, and he was fired.  

When he came back, he only seemed to truly care about Sonny, Jason, and Carly with Luke as the final corner of his plot square.  The show needed that balance from before.

Archived