GH January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ant, I think that sometimes we are so desperate for the good stuff from BITD that when a legacy villain appears, why he's there and how it plays out looks like good stuff.  I found it to be utterly ridiculous.  And the characters saying "Peter August" 100 times certainly didn't help.  Compare this to 2007's Metro Court Crisis and see how organized and thrilling that was compared to Frank's mess.  I wasn't engaged because it was stupid and boring, but then, I never cared one way or the other for that Anders person.  I love villains, but not creepy ass villains.  

• Members

If you don't like Anders than you wouldn't have liked it anyway lol. (And I know many people who think he's ridiculous and over the top, and others think he's scary and creepy and are fascinated to watch him. I'm kind of in between those extremes). I get what you're saying though.

But this is Frank's Budget GH. I can't compare to the past anymore because I'll never find any sliver of hope in the crap we get on a daily basis. The good times are gone.

• Members

It's very possible to like/appreciate a story even when you aren't fond of the actor(s) in the story. Not a fan of Sebastian Roche but I was glued to the TV during the hostage Crisis. 

Frank and Co. have attempted numerous times to replicate that story and have failed each time. He focuses too much on pets and forcing them to the forefront when it might not make sense instead of the actual story. The end result is always an uninteresting disjointed mess!  Where are Maxie's parents?!!  

• Members

Nothing against Finola, but she doesn't  even look all that interested in this (not built up enough) "relationship". Outside of them  using Felecia prop the two, I just haven't seen  the relationship hit any beats.  

It's been an afterthought from the start, and I just don't see any reason or build up to love. The two had friend chemistry when he was McPain, but that was three characters ago.  

Archived