Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So bad for so many reasons!  

Since Takei is very connected on social media I now wonder what statement he will tweet in response.  While I realize he has a large fanbase, I was never gaga over him but I am very disappointed, especially since he cast himself as a voice for so many people. 

Honestly, when I saw his name trending, I thought it could be one of two things. You can probably guess the first but the world we live in today, my second immediate thought was sexual harassment. 

Ugh. 

• Members

This is one of the reasons I couldn't get on the bandwagon at the start of the year with all the celebrities going on about Trump - there's a certain toxicity to the culture in Hollywood, especially as you go back years and years and years, with some of these men who are 70, 80 years old. 

I don't want to believe this stuff about Takei, or Richard Dreyfuss, or Jeffrey Tambour, but then I guess I'd be a hypocrite if I dismissed it while accepting claims about others. I guess it's a reminder of how little we truly know about these situations.

• Members

I don't know whether this has been reported here, but according to the Hollywood Reporter (which I can't link to, for some reason), FX has officially cut all ties with Louis C.K.  Apparently, the shows he was EP'ing will remain on the air, but his name will be removed from the credits, he won't be involved in any aspect of production anymore, and he will receive no further financial compensation from them.

Oh, and his reps have dropped him as well.

Eureka!  Another article!  This one from the NYT:

Louis C.K. Admits to Sexual Misconduct as Media Companies Cut Ties

That's my takeaway as well.

Before these allegations, the worst thing I'd ever heard about Takei was that he had bad breath.

Meanwhile, I hope Bryan Singer's all nice and cozy in his underground bunker.  I have the feeling he's going to be there for awhile.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

I agree with that, and while I don't know for sure if Bill Clinton or JFK ever took a woman against her will - they fooled around while married and Hollywood looked the other way. Not that I excuse Trump for his treatment of females...not at all. The day the news broke about what he and Billy Bush said/did to Arianne Zucker on the DAYS set was the same day that I told my pastor about what the fellow congregant had done to me. So, to me it's not a partisan issue...whether one has a D or R after his/her name, that person can still be an abusive creep.

Anyway, it's weird that the Takei bulletin came over the Web just as I was watching the new Celebrity Feuds episode on Reelz...about the century-long feud between Takei and William Shatner!! Of all the people in Hollywood who have been outed as being sexual predators, whose career/life do you think will suffer the most? Who has/had the most to lose?

Edited by amybrickwallace