Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

If they market this last-minute switch right, then they could stand to make a proverbial killing at the box office just on the controversy alone.

Meanwhile, Kev's new manager at Inn-N-Out Burger is training him on the soft-serve machine.

For God's sake, Hollywood!  In what universe is Kevin Spacey a bigger name than Christopher [!@#$%^&*] Plummer?

In my wildest dream, this film not only premieres to boffo reviews and box office, but Plummer lands another Oscar (or at least a nomination) as well.  I want the latter to happen, if only to hear what Plummer would have to say if/when he makes his way to the podium to accept his award.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, I'm not sure what planet Tom Rothman over at Sony is living on. Plummer is an upgrade in every way and is actually age-appropriate for the role.

I've seen a fall as steep and immediate as Kevin Spacey's, but it seems like Hollywood is happy to be rid of him for reasons far beyond his predilection for predation.

• Members

It also may explain why when Charlie was divorcing his third wife, Denise filed for custody of his twin boys along with her own daughters with him. It may have had very well to do with something beyond wanting simply to keep her girls and their half-brothers together.

You know, American Beauty was a movie that gave me the absolute creeps. I never understood why it got all those awards and people just lauded it. There was just a vibe about it that made me feel sick...and this was years before my own traumatic situation. Of course, Spacey won the Oscar for it. To this day, it is the only film I have ever walked out on in a theater.

• Members

Not anymore. And Spacey's makeup was laughable. If not for this scandal it would've been the kind of boneheaded decision studio guys like Rothman (an infamous micromanager) make where the makeup/FX job to make it work becomes the story vs. their big 'star move' - it's happened so many times in the last decade.

Edited by Vee

• Members

To be perfect and frank, as funny as I found Louis C.K. at times, something about him still rubbed me the wrong way (no pun intended).  So, I'm not TOO stunned by these allegations.  But I am sad once more about how pervasive this cavalier attitude toward women has been throughout the film industry in particular.