Y&R: Sally Sussman and Kay Alden OUT, Mal Young IN

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly, it's completely absurd. Latham, MAB and Pratt were all far more destructive and we're still paying for their messes. Sally was just lackluster and boring but she didn't damage the show.

Hope he included himself in that

Please register in order to view this content

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I think Sussman refocused the show, but she needed a strong co head writer to help with plot movement/direction given what she was going through in her personal life.  Her creation Generations took a long time to get going about a year or so... and her almost two year stint on Days had a lot of interesting stories.

Why not try this novel concept called  balance.

• Members

Oh my freaking god, it’s not a mourning period. The show is still on the air. Sally’s success may not have come in numbers, and her tenure sure as hell was nothing mind-blowing, but it sure as hell restored some semblance of dignity that Y&R once had - something that nearly every regime over the last ten years stripped away piece by piece. We are never going to get the real Y&R back, but I was grateful to see a small reminder of what once was while it lasted.

Oh, and speaking of Shelly Altman and co., i’d be a hypocrite if I didn’t first acknowledge that I enjoyed their tenure of Y&R more than LML, MAB, Griffith and Pratt, but allow me to paraphrase something I heard on here once: Y&R on its worst day is still better than GH on its best day.

Archived