Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And look how quickly they gave up on it. Its been less than 2 months. Mind you, I don't think it works but if he was someone else I think they'd chase the pairing and his success. I'm just ready for him to escape her. Move him on from this please. 

How long does one be a villain/vixen before they run their course? 

• Members

There's no expiry date.  Just roll with it.  Folks are ill at ease because Devon is in the background somewhere, and somehow, Hill at her best is the reason for it?  Oh well.

Hill is rocking my socks and she makes YR watchable!

• Members

One of the reasons I was for hevon breaking up was I thought it'd give the show an opportunity to build Devon up as an individual character and allow Hilary to lose and gain some perspective. Neither of which are happening. It feels like a sqaundered opportunity so far. Hilary is back to the cartoon, one note villain Pratt created last year. Devon is back to being a secondary tertiary character like he was prior to the Hevon pairing put him on fans'  radar. This has been a step back for both characters IMO. 

You are totally misconstruing what I've said. No one blames Hilary for Devon being backburned. If anyone/anything, I blame that ridiculous pairing he's stuck in with Mariah. Had that actually popped, he wouldn't be backburned. 

Hilary is definitely the reason to watch Y&R at the moment. MiM is a star. But that doesn't mean I enjoy the writing for her. Said writing of which I think I've explained my issues with in posts immediately prior. 

• Members

They were sort of building Devon up by having him and Neil start their own company but it wasn't what I was hoping for at all.

And how does he go to the bar and not have any scenes with his niece? Lawd ...

Mattie and Reed are sort of cute but they're already rushing this and they're putting logic aside, like Devon not noticing his niece, or Reed and Mattie not even being aware who the other is related to.

• Members

Exactly. This was a huge problem under Pratt that is now starting to rear up again. The show is ignoring proper beats to focus solely on what they want to feature. For Mattie, that'd be her relationship with Reed, which is the only reason she was Soras'd, and her relationship with Lily. Notice that Charlie has disappeared. Who does that surprise? 

Devon is a glorified extra at the moment. No reason he should be considering that he has a music business story actively being told. But those scenes went to Mariah. Makes ZERO SENSE. 

• Members

You keep saying "those scenes went to Mariah" as if they crossed Devon's name out for hers. But I know what you mean.

And yep, no surprise Charlie has disappeared. We all knew they'd focus on Mattie.

It drives me nuts when beats aren't played and things are ignored specifically for plot purposes.

• Members

No, they didn't cross his name out. They just chose to design the scenes to feature her while he disappears in the business that he owns. And yes, it's grating. I HATE IT!!!!!!!! I can't say it enough. LOL. 

With this it's not even plot. Devon could have bumped into Mattie at the door and her ask him not to embarrass her inside. That'd be enough. As for Reed not knowing her. She's not the only Mattie in the world. Until he's given a last name I can see him not recognizing her. Does he have a last name? 

Archived