Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Josh Morrow requested and fought for the Nick/Chelsea pairing for years? Huh? You got a link for that? I swear I don't know where some of you come up with this stuff.

Even more laughable is the claim that Morrow isn't attractive. On what planet is that guy not attractive?

I don't like being an apologist for anyone, but I'm once again coming to Josh's defense. The piling on here regarding his acting is just ridiculous. I personally like the way he plays Nick, and that includes the laid back characteristics of his personality. I find it real, and genuine. 

I don't want 60 minutes of "I'M ACTING!!!" when I watch Y&R. The writing for Nick today called for laid back and genuine, and that's what we got. How the hell did you want him to react in those church scenes as Kevin screamed at him? And in the park with Chelsea and the boys?

If if you want to call JM "monotone" and "not pretty," that's your business. I do find it sad that anyone feels good about an actor being attacked on social media. The guy isn't a serial killer.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think by most standards, JM is definitely considered attractive.  

There's one exception to his pairings though, and I would argue the only other coupling that worked for him was Grace (Gareis).  I thought they were smoking hot back in the day and they still had a spark the last time she visited GC.  

Chloe's "funeral" hasn't worked for me at all, especially that bullshit we saw at the end of yesterday's show.  I'm all for some camp, but that was bad.  Yesterday's show was probably the worst in the last few weeks.

• Members

Eh, just as much as someone can like Morrow and his acting, he's extremely monotone. Sorry but he is. He's not great. We're all entitled to our opinions.

And I'm with you @ajsp35801 I'm kinda thrilled the pairing has tanked and fans are saying so. Morrow must be crushed LOL

• Members

Grace should have been the affair instead of Phyllis. Phyllis and Nick never made sense to me and never worked. Sorry to those who liked them but no thanks. Tognoni and Morrow have a nice rapport but I never saw chemistry.

• Members

Watched yesterday's episode after a while away from the show...

First of all, let's be clear: JM is HOT. Morrow still exudes a lot of wolfy sexiness. I thought his acting was lowkey but fine at Chloe's funeral. It was how Nick would have responded given the circumstances, and out of respect for the family. By contrast, Chapman and CLB with their eyes buggin out in OTT outrage were the ones over-acting wildly.

That funeral took for-effing-forever. Kevin was going on and ON about how Chloe touched so many lives and was a ray of sunshine in everyone's hearts. Really, Kevin? Have we been watching the same show? Chloe was a raging, snarky bitch to everybody, and the only person she showed even an ounce of caring or compassion for was Bella (and Delia obvs). I'm annoyed there is a chance she could be alive now!

I was really invested in the Hilary/Juliet scenes -- really well written as Hilary trod the line between assertive action on Juliet's behalf and feeding to Juliet how she should be feeling and what might or might not have gone down.

As gorgeous as MCE is, she needs to wean herself off that spray-tan addiction. She is a few shades past Kim Kardashian at this point.

You guys have touched on this, I know, but Mattie and Lily look like sisters, not mom & daughter. I like the actress who plays Mattie, but Lily still looks and acts like a Valley girl, so this was clearly way too early a SORAS.

• Members

My problem isn't that Morrow didn't bug his eyes or act over the top. He's very monotone. I like him but I don't think he's a very good actor. He does OK at times but he's been on the show for 20+ years. He should be doing a lot better. JMO of course.

Maybe I just hated it so much I didn't see how "hot" they were but I just never got into it at all. I was turned off from the start LOL. I didn't necessarily hate the idea or the very beginning of it but ugh. If some of you liked it, that's fine not arguing against it, was just never for me.

Archived