Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I like all of the teens, Tessa is interesting and clicks with Noah and Nikki, Juliet is a great new addition, but I do agree the men need work. Scott, Ravi and Jordan are all played by good actors but it isn't fully clicking. Jordan needs more development, Scott I like every now and then but he's so boring with Sharon. He needs to be with Abby who he actually clicks with. Ravi I love, but since he got his makeover he also got a personality transplant and is boring as hell now. I hate that in order for Ashley to like him they had to remove all of the quirks that made him interesting. I've lost interest in him in his current state.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think she is awful and a waste of airtime. IMO of course.

She needs to be the new Sheila like someone on here suggested. She should pop in and out like she did. She isn't a long term character IMO.

All three men are boring. The actor who plays Jordan is awful.

• Members

I disagree with most of that. I could see Tessa evolving and being an interesting side character with Noah. I'd like HER to be the one with a secret backstory, perhaps as one of Sheila's daughters. I do like that idea for Juilet as well though. I do think the show has had a horrible time with new leading men over the years. Everybody and their mother has suggested Brooks Prentiss return which I think could give them a chance to create a new alpha male instead of simply bringing Adam back a million times. Throw in a few guest appearances from Jaime Lyn Bauer and you're set. With their family being in the media business he could tie in with GC Buzz. Keemo is also a must, but neither will ever happen.

• Members

Well she is talking to some mystery person on the phone a lot. But I have no faith in SSM. The only story that has been interesting is Dina's and that's because of the actress and the family plus Tracy little appearance.

• Members

Ben Hochman was portrayed as obnoxious which brought out some fire in Ashley (and surprisingly Ravi too, by extension). He and Ashley had a push-pull dynamic which was interesting to watch since there was an undercurrent of an attraction.

For this reason, I was hoping the show would bring him back.  

Going by Graham's response that Dina is not sick, hopefully this means that that there are no plans to kill off the character. That exchange between Dina and Graham that Ashley witnessed does add some intrigue as to the nature of Dina and Graham's relationship and to Graham's personality, in general.

Since Traci has a career that travels, maybe she'll return to Genoa City. I did chuckle when Traci blurted out that she was the nice one!

Please register in order to view this content

It is true though.

I  may have mentioned this before but I agree with people who say that Cane works better as somewhat of a rogue. His character hasn't been this interesting in years, if ever to me. It's not as if he's an evil genius or anything- Cane is one secret away from coming completely undone.

• Members

+1 on all but Juliet. I actually like her and think she could be a long term character if she was developed. The actress is stunning and has presence/charisma.  

That Tessa is seen as only a side character is the problem. Noah should he a young lead character and his pairings/romance should be with a a character that can be a younger lead to take over from SC. Someone on MiM's level of presence, talent, and beauty. No shade to Cate Fairbank, but Tessa is not that. JMO

• Members

On a side note, is this what you call good acting?

I know GT is a good actress, and I know that rehearsal time was cut down drastically, but... GT's characterization of Phyllis has never won me over. Plus she looks even younger than her age. I wish they had introduced her as Victoria or another character.

• Members

I love when she catches PB off guard with stuff like this and you can tell he loves it too.

Since Sally & co showed up characterization wise she's now much more in line with Stafford's version and Gina's finally allowed to have more fun, I just don't care for the return of Phyllis' desperation to please and keep a man who's more committed elsewhere.

• Members

I think Gina looks amazing for 43 she never ages lol. I actually love her longer hair and sexier clothes. When Gina Phyllis came back she had that very butch haircut, matronly clothes and she was always angry. I am glad to see more facets and she just won an emmy very deserved.

Archived