Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are/were always blood cousins but they (especially Abby) was/were raised as sisters even after Abby's bio paternity was revealed.

They weren't reduced to 'just' cousins until Y&R SORASED Abby and killed off Brad & Colleen.

• Members

They were (to an extent) but there was a distinct effort to separate them with Abby mainly sharing scenes with Ashley, Victor & Adam while Colleen was heavily involved with JT & the Crimson Lights bunch (Lily/Devon/Adrian/Daniel/Jana/Kevin/Amber)

• Members

I noticed the CE as Adam mentioned. He was fantastic. In retrospect, he was absolutely right to quit. Tell me how did Adam gas lighting Ashley/BBQ fetus and a single implied pumping of that lawyer help the show in long run? It didn't. Who was the hack that steered Adam into darkness? 

• Members

Part of the failure of that whole story was because Y&R kept hedging their bets. They wanted Adam to go 'dark' but not Roger Thorpe/Todd Manning dark which irreperably warped the character. Something no actor had been able to fix (although JH did his best).

• Members

If anything, they should've used Roger as a template for Adam. At least then they wouldn't've taken the character so damn far and made him so dark. Roger did heinous sh-t (like raping Holly), but he always felt immense regret afterwards. Roger spent the rest of his days trying to show Holly (and everyone else) that he was a changed, better man even though he stayed doing shifty stuff to get ahead and backpedaling all the time. I at least felt remorse for Roger and rooted for him in a sense. I never felt that for Adam. If any future writer is smart, they'd just leave Adam dead for good. 

• Members

That dinner scene with the Abbotts was very well acted, and written. There was just enough awkwardness, and no overacting. I hope they don't kill off Dina, because she is excellent. Also, loved the shoutout to Mamie and calling her more than a housekeeper. Good bit of writing.

I'm enjoying Hillary and Lily. I would like to see them become friends after Cane is exposed. 

I'm also liking Cane playing the villain. Juliet is also a good character, I hope they keep her.

Last of all, I have to admit that last scene with Chloe was pretty haunting and sad. They wrapped up that story quite nicely (not the outcome, but doing without the over the top antics like with Dillon).

Edit: Forgot to mention, that Julie Chen segment was CRINGE in the past.

I agree with you.

However, I think they should cut EH. EH was really good in the latest arc, but I'm tired of writers keeping actors/characters past there expiration date just because there good. Same thing happened with Greg Rikaart and it became outlandish the hoops they did to keep him on. I think we should just acknowledge how great EH was and let her go out with a magnificent final performance IMO

Archived