Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Josh/Nick, mainly because he's always had the role and we've watched him mature.  I would resent a recast.  I think NIck's worst pairing was with Sage.  I don't mind Chelsea at all and it makes sense that she and Nick would become a couple.  It looks like everyone was right that Chloe would actually be alive.  

• Members

Cane going to shine in this storyline. Cane vs Hilary & Juliet. Cane vs Billy. Cane vs Bortoria over their kids dating.

Cane seems so happy to be arguing with Hilary. One of these females I can see him falling in bed with. Or he could fall in bed with Juliet again.

I hope Reed doesn't come out with a rash.

Why Gloria don't like Sharon??

• Members

I'll go down as saying I think chemistry is subjective, although there are definitely times when a lot more people see it than don't.  Tony Geary/Genie Francis back in the day, for example.

For my part, I think Nick worked with Sharon, Grace and Phyllis.  I even think that he and Chelsea could have been good if there had been some decent story there. I feel like it's a writing fail, not a character fail, but that's just MHO, obviously.  Making Chelsea a good girl was a huge mistake. 

• Members

I agree to a certain extent that it's subjective. I think most times there are other reasons for why folks claim they don't see it. Lol. 

There has been a few times I didn't see it when it was reputed to have been so great, i.e. Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. 

• Members

Grace having a daughter with Nick would have been much better than the Phyllis/Summer story. I was never that crazy about MS, she was good at first, but the character was never meant to be what it ended up being during the Newman years.

JM plays horny very well. He is a very handsome man and despite the fact that I never understood him as a casting choice, he is Nick Newman. 

Sharon and Scott as more than friends is not a good idea. SC is interesting enough to be on the show without a relationship all the time. Too bad that the last decade's regimes didn't agree with this and had her marry all these random men for no reason at all. 

All these Scott stories have been wrong, wrong, wrong so far and Lauren is once again in the middle of an awkward, uninspired situation. What's her problem with Sharon? Perhaps that her bestie (Phyllis, not Michael) doesn't like her?

TB would be perfect as the show's new Gina running a restaurant and sharing cute scenes with everybody. 

The B&S mess is very interesting. Hilary belongs with this crowd, not acting like a schoolgirl with Cassiah. 

I didn't expect to like Lily's kids but I do. Reed and Mattie are very cute. 

Can Mattie ask her friends and family to call her Dru as a tribute to Lily's mother? If everyone is ok with that, maybe Cassiah can ask her friends to call her with a new name as well

Please register in order to view this content

Everytime I see Juliet I think DIANE BALLARD. 

• Members

Even though it was drawn out (and way over due), I'm glad they gave GR nice scenes with JC and CLB. 

The Chloe is my Lauren was way weird.

Lauren judging Sharon was beneath Lauren. Though The Worm's 'push the cub into her picnic basket' was LOL. 

I always thought DG/MM had a nice vibe going. It's clear both DG and CK enjoy working with MM. More of this, please.  

The Lily/Mattie scenes work despite the age issue. I don't even mind the obvious tension that will happen when Cane/Victoria try to stop it. 

EH deserved better than this. I hope she returns without Kevin after the 3rd (or is it 4th) Adam resurrection. 

• Members

I wouldn't have minded if she had similar objections about him seeing Phyllis but turning LAUREN FENMORE (of all people) into Mary Williams was ridiculous. 

Goddard may hate the current direction for Cane but this is the best he's ever been. 

• Members

I thought that was a throwback to history. Kevin was in love with Lauren at one point. It was a bone of contention between him and Michael. Didn't Lauren and Michael hide their relationship as not to hurt the fragile attempted muderer and pedophile Kevin? 

Archived