Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm trying to get through Friday's episode because I want to see Dina/Jack/Ash but the rest is so sad.  Poor MTS; she couldn't pull off those horribly written scenes with Tessa.  The fake piano playing, Nikki's abject self-pity over her mistakes, oh dear those scenes were horrible.  Oh, and that sexy man "playing" Graham...can't act his way out of a shopping bag from gaymart.  No, no, no, he must go.  That monologue they gave him today must have taken him weeks to memorize and he still stumbled.  And Sally used the same stunt in two episodes: Kevin nearly reveals he's not going to be alone on his trip to Victor.  Graham reveals that Dina's NEVAH coming back (da, da, da, dumb).. And who gives a rats arss about Tessa, another "performer" of questionable acting talent.  

• Members

I would love Malcolm to come back he is a favorite of mine,  but I don't want that unless they write for Neil 1st cause I love Neil too and I don't think it's fair to KSJ.

I also even after all these years am still upset the writers tore Daniel and Lily apart. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of Cane and brought Daniel back to Lily even if it means recasting Lily if they don't see the chemistry that had in the beginning cause we all know after a while when CK left Daniel and DS Lily had heightened chemistry.

I hope they don't do that. We have been getting some good story from it. It would be the same mistake as they did to let Neil's mom die so quick and I was not happy at all. Neil and his mom had a lot of potential too.

• Members

After watching Friday's episode, I wouldn't really mind if they left the truth about Dina open to interpretation. We have had enough scenes to think ourselves whether Graham is Dina's son, lover, kidnapper. The real story is that the Abbott kids love their mother and that she loves them back. Jack was finally his oldself  when he told Graham that he'd better take good care of his mother and was very nice to see that bitter Ashley who never forgave Dina for breaking John's heart, is ready to protect her if someone tries to hurt her.

Family secrets, pain, love, regret. A beautiful Abbott story doesn't need uninspired pairings like Ravi, Gloria or Scott.

I wish Billy would remember that his ex-wife is not his only connection in town though.  

• Members

@cassadine1991 I'd like that twist a lot but it would be a retcon since that character was on canvas before discussions happened to bring the other character back. Kind of like Chloe/Kate

BTW - the mystery man in Tessa's life. Has she shared scenes with Jordan or Scott? 

I think it's funny how everyone seems to have forgotten that Cane was likely set-up by Juliet - there was huge doubt they slept together. I thought she had a co-conspirator at some point during those Tokyo scenes. I was barely tuning in during those bad months so I may be really off. I could be recalling Tessa's mystery calls. 

• Members

Having seen Monday's episode, I do have a complaint.

While better than last Monday, I feel the writers are doing a 'throw it at the wall, see what sticks' feel to Mondays rather than doing naturally follow through. Or maybe it's just me being impatient when they switch their A/B stories up.

Archived