GH: August 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure you are.

I won't lie. I don't abhor the show like I was during Ron's reign of campy terror, but it's just ... meh. It's not awful but it's not great either. At least Pissy and Altman balance the 6,000 castmembers slightly better than the other person did.

Franco and Liz do nothing for me. I just feel so bad for Becky. Never gets a true pairing, never gets great writing for Liz ... why is it so hard?

I don't know the point of Griffin/Maxie/Claudette/Nathan or Kiki/Morgan/Dillon having any airtime because they all suck as actors and we keep circling the drain. Now we're back to Ava shooting herself in the foot by switching Morgoon's meds. Zzzzzz. I do NOT want to suffer through Manic Morgoon again. I can't. And in the first quad, I actually like Griffin and it's more the actor. Williamson and Storms are fine but they've never done anything for me. These young leads should not be so horribly written. Or horribly acted. And why, when you have two actors who can act (Chad Duell and Teresa Castillo, mostly) and are likable, they get no airtime ... not that I want to see Carlos's clean doppleganger though. Another problem with this show. And other soaps.

I like Laura and Kevin but it went from zero to sixty, like every "story" and now they're already broken up. LOL. Ok then. But at least they have some tension and Laura and Kevin are getting better writing, even if it's not good writing. Kevin interacting with Liz and Franco and as a therapist at the hospital is how he should have been used. See Ron, it's not that hard. I'm guessing we're getting some sort of quad with Scott/Lucy/Kevin/Laura but considering all but one are recurring and only make a few monthly appearances if that, will it ever be a story?

I think my biggest gripe with Jillian is the delusions. Just admit some guilt for once. The scenes are so frustrating as he acts like he's innocent. And deVry plays it like he smells something bad. Sonny vs Jillian is tired and needs to end. Cut your losses with Jillian and deVry and move on. I think it would be absolutely disgusting to pair Jillian and Alexis again but you just know they will. And that's another problem with most of the soaps.

Lulu/Dante's story seems predictable. I didn't really listen to her sobbing after the phone call but I guess no baby but I'm guessing one's already out there ... zzzz. Just what we were all begging for! More baby stories!

What's the guesses on Nelle? Organ harvasting? Baby selling? They're pushing her hard and yes the actress is good but let's not Sabrina her.

I feel like so many stories are just set up to humiliate a character. Like Jordan and Andre. Let's take a smart (but man she's gotten really bitchy), capable and strong woman and have her fall for a murderer (just a guess, I know nothing). Did they just cross out Anna's name and put Jordan's?

And then Finn/Obrecht? Zzzz. But they at least amuse me. And it gives me a glimpse of Monica and Tracy so .... I don't think Hayden and Finn are the right pairing. Stop putting the pets together. Frons would be so proud.

• Members

A few more things:

Writers dont give Contracts, Networks do

Jelly didnt write for Laura for months. She is finally getting a story but she sat on the sidelines for months

Liz & Franco??? GH needs to fire Roger

• Members

I think Sheffer had fucked off by then, thankfully. It reminded me nothing of anything he wrote, mostly because it wasn't 100% trash.

As for Laura, I can't say that she's had any good writer since her 1993 return (IMO). Some writers get one part of her character, but that's about it. 

• Members

All Jean did was copy a similar story going on in another soap at the time. She deserves no credit for it. If the story worked it was because of the actors not the dreadful copy cat writing of Jean's. And yes Sheffer was already gone by the time the baby switch story started was copied!

• Members

Labine got the maturity, the heart, and the community in her.  Guza (round 1) got the sense of danger and the history of abuse.  Nobody got it all together to make a whole woman.  I still love Laura and Genie though.  But what woman did get great writing on an ABC show once Frons took over?

I kind of think part of the problem was Luke might call her angel, because she is his angel.  But she was never an angel.  Just like Luke was her hero, but not a hero.  

• Members

Agreed. Glad Andre was spared. I don't care either way about Paul, I like Burgi, but I can't say him being the killer is all that shocking. It's Pissy after all.

That's the truth.

At least Felicia makes a cameo tomorrow (pretty sure that was her unless it was Lulu) ... but I can't take Maxie droning on and on and on and on ...

Archived