GH: August 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Claire Labine was a master at making the most of moments between two people, like none other.  No other soap writer came even close to her in that.  However, Jelly does deserve credit for pairing them up.  Besides saving the character of Anna from destruction by undoing Caaarrrrrllllooos's murder by her, this pairing is the other right thing they have done.

• Members

First of all Claire Labine never paired up Laura and Kevin. In fact CL wrote crap for Genie she was a boring housewife. Jean is the first head writer in years to give Genie not only a contract but a leading lady storyline. Laura and Kevin has been a stroke of genius. Jean and Shelly love writing adult romance over 50 and its freaking refreshing to the max.  In fact Wendy Riche on her twitter said she loves Laura and Kevin together. Give Jean and Shelly freaking credit its their idea. Just like the brilliant idea to pair Liz and Franco which to me is like watching an old movie from the 1940s or 1950s in dialogue. Its smarttv people and its been nothing but successful.

• Members

Claire gave us Laura as a MOM which Genie wanted to do. Also I loved 90% of her stories and she brought so many great characters: Kevin, Mary Mae, Justus, Mike, Lois, Emily just to name a few

Plus GH truly felt like an ensemble show with Claire as writer & Wendy as EP

• Members

I agree.  Alot of the cast had pretty good stories under CL.  The only thing she did that I didn't care for was writing Sean and Tiffany out.  I thought Wendy Riche was an excellent producer, and I'm going to say what some people would consider unthinkable--I think she was a much better producer than Gloria Monty!

Archived